Kerasilk anyone? Other Goldwell products?

Namilani

My "mother-in-law" has beautiful hair! She's around bra-strap (give or take), relaxed, and anything from 3c-4b. She said Kerasilk is the best conditioner she's ever used (Rich Care Treatment), and that she even used to take it to her stylist! She said she can't find it anywhere, so since I found it on-line of course that's her Christmas gift. Too, you know the pj trying to come back out in me wants to try some! How is it? Other Goldwell products any good? I haven't heard anything about them since my lurking began over a year ago... And I hate searching because it doesn't find exact phrases for me! Thanks in advance!

The only thing I've used is the kerasilk leave in. It is great! This has been a staple for at least 3 years. It is very mositurizing.

I believe that Queen Latifah raves about the Kerasilk line or so I read in an issue of Sophisticate's Black Hair. Unfortunately, I haven't used it.

I used to use it. I still have a huge bottle on my PJ shelf. I don't remember what results I got back when I was using it. Maybe I'll revisit that product.

Thanks, ladies! Queen has pretty hair! But isn't she natural and presses hers? Any more replies before I say yay or nay?

I used to use it years ago. But I can't even recall which product. darn it, I'll probably pick some up soon out of curiousity.

shelli4018 said:
I used to use it years ago. But I can't even recall which product. darn it, I'll probably pick some up soon out of curiousity.
\

Didn't mean to bring out the PJ in anyone, :lol: !!

Last question in the thread (I promise): What was the name of the leave-in? Anybody know which hair type this works best on?

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Last question in the thread (I promise): What was the name of the leave-in? Anybody know which hair type this works best on?

Instant Silk Fluid

• Leave in treatment that revives dry dull hair and creates shine and manageability
  • Highly concentrated moisture formula for all hair types
  • Repair as well as surface effect
  • combability to frizz control
  • Excellent Variation of amount used leads to multiple effects from instant shine, care for split ends
  • Silk Protein, Wheat Bran Lipids and Jojoba Oil for instant smoothness and restructuring
  • Ultra light care layers enhanced with Vitamin E to protect hair from external damage
http://www.goldwellusa.com/products/haircare/kerasilk.asp

Works great in my hair, I am a 4a/4b.

The Kerasilk Ultra Rich line was not moisturizing enough me. The Instant Silk Fluid works very well as an ends treatment on dry hair. I use it from time to time.

They have a new line called "Intensive Moisture" for Nomal to Thick Hair. I'm not sure if it is a new product or if it replaces the Ultra Rich. I will have to call them today and find out.

The new Intense Moisture line is replacing the old Definition and Highlights line. The Kerasilk is still the same.

Before I chopped my hair to shoulders length I grew my hair to past BSL using only Kerasilk shampoo and conditioner and limiting heat. I loved the stuff so much I took it with me every two weeks to get my hair washed and pressed. I also gave it to my mother-in-law and her sister. Then the went and changed the formula. It just isnt the same and not it is hard to find and expensive. I recently found it at a BSS in San Diego and bought a hugh bottle of the conditioner. I'm going back to what worked for me before and quitting everything except my beloved Qhemet Biologics.

I used to use kerasilk a long time ago. I is provided incredible slip. Its awesome at detangling and makes hair very soft. They have change the formula and packaging since then. The bottle orginal bottle was a silverish-gray color. Personal I like the original formula better, it was worth the $$$ charged for this conditioner.

Last edited:
CurleeDST said:
What are the ingredients in the shampoo and conditioners?

I couldn't find the page I was looking for that had the ingredient list on it. I do remember they have alcohol, jojoba oil, lipids... You can ask any eBay seller and they'll tell you!

Thanks I will do that.

Talipoohz_Momma said:
I couldn't find the page I was looking for that had the ingredient list on it. I do remember they have alcohol, jojoba oil, lipids... You can ask any eBay seller and they'll tell you!

I used to use it about 10yrs ago because Janet Jackson and other stars were using it. I use to buy it at Trade Secrets. I don't know why I stopped.

Bump! Not quite ready for bed and trying to decide what will be the absolute last moisturizing conditioner I try due to pjism! I heard the formula changed. And is Ultra Rich Care better?

I used Kerasilk for years....up until a few months ago.....I love this stuff....Only problem is I started having trouble finding it....One beauty shop said she stopped carrying it because they raised the price on it and a lot of people stopped buying it because of its prices.....I had a lot of trouble finding it so I switched to Nexxus.....But nothing is better than my Goldwell.....

Hi! I just saw this line in ULTA yesterday! I picked up one and put it back cuz I didn't know anything about it...hmmm...

I just used the Instant Silk Fluid and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It is just as good as Lacio Lacio and I can find it close by instead of ordering and paying for shipping. I'm so happy!!!:grin:

Reunited !!!!!!!

I never did get to ULTA......But I did find it around the corner from my house....There is a white beauty salon...In the front is a Beauty Supply Store...and there it was...So I'm happy

So is this better than the Redken and Kenra products? I'm looking to use 1 line exclusively.

I'm at my friend's house and she has the Kerasilk Treatment for Dry, Damaged, or Unmanageable hair. All I can say is....WOW. Now I want all their products..... :look:

Its funny you bumped this. I was looking at this line in Ulta 2 days ago. I wondered if it would work on natural hair. I also looked at the keratin complex. I dont have the keratin treatment but I wondered if either of these lines would help with frizz.

It's probably the best hair care line out there, bar none. Yes, it can be used on natural hair. I've used it for years on mine.

Goldwell is the platinum standard. If you wanna try it and are willing to pay $$$$, go for it!!!! It won't disappoint.

Back