Keraphix is the Bomb!

CaramelKiss

Ladies, it was my first time using a protein reconstructor and I wanted to start off with something mild. Anyhow, this is what I did:

hot oil with evoo for 30 minutes
shampoo
Keraphix without heat for 20 minutes
my beloved Kerastase Masquintense (deep conditioner) for 30 minutes again without heat
Leave-in
applied jojoba oil

I made 6 ponytails as my hair is thick & cut in layers and I twisted them for shape and style.

When it was 80% air dried, I opened the ponies, finger combed with jojoba applied to my finger tips and proceeded to air dry the remainder. Results: My hair was sooo soft and shiny, I could not keep my hands out of my hair!!!! Also my hair had defined waves, like ripples in an ocean.

I am so excited and so thrilled to have found something that works that I had to share this with my hair sisters!!!!

I also want to add that I hardly noticed any hair in the sink as I was styling. I am so pleased!!

bdance.gif
bdance.gif
bdance.gif

Yes I love the Keraphix too! I use it one week before my relaxer and Emergencee one week after, but I'm thinking about just using the Keraphix for both times because it works better for me than the Emergencee.

Caramelkiss - I love the keraphix too... I use it every other week in the same way you do. But I don't think I can airdry and get the results you spoke of, I'd probably look like a frizzball.
BTW, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Caramelkiss - I love the keraphix too... I use it every other week in the same way you do. But I don't think I can airdry and get the results you spoke of, I'd probably look like a frizzball.
BTW, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have problems with frizz too, but it really worked! And besides, we seem to have the same hair type. U oughta give it a try!

Just make sure you use a silk scrunchie when making the ponies and tuck the ends in. Like mini buns and oil the length before tucking.
Rose.gif

p.s. I love the pic of J.Lo!!!! Dang, I wish I could get my body to look like that!!!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That's my goal too
laugh.gif
. Did your style look like a braidout? or were the waves more detailed (fat)?

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't come out crinkly like a braid out, but more like soft waves.

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like your hair came out nice and pretty.
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It did and about time too!!
laugh.gif
Seriously though, it's fun experimenting but at the same time it can be so much work!! But it's great when your efforts pay off.
rosebud.gif

Since keraphix is mild, do you all think that a higher more concentrated protein (like emergencee) is necessary or is keraphix (every 3-4 weeks) enough if your hair isn't very damaged?

I would have to say Keraphix is enough. I use mine every other week (but when I use the aphoghee I don't use the keraphix that week - ie. 7th keraphix, 21st keraphix, 4th aphoghee, 18th keraphix).

CaramelKiss

I also use Keraphix and love it!! I have to agree with you that the Masquintense seems to be REALLY GREAT for airdrying in twists. I used it last week and did a twist-out and let me tell you, my twist-out has NEVER, NEVER come out that soft and pretty, and it didn't tangle up by the end of the day like it usually does!!!

Thanks for the info about the masquintense, I will add that to my list of things to buy when my checks finally stop bouncing...
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info about the masquintense, I will add that to my list of things to buy when my checks finally stop bouncing...
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelKiss

I also use Keraphix and love it!! I have to agree with you that the Masquintense seems to be REALLY GREAT for airdrying in twists. I used it last week and did a twist-out and let me tell you, my twist-out has NEVER, NEVER come out that soft and pretty, and it didn't tangle up by the end of the day like it usually does!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lindy, u are so right girl. I guess the combination did my hair right!!! It makes my hair feel like butter! I would like to try Keraste protein conditioning milk down the line.
But as u said, it costs $$$!!

CH-

Kerastase is expensive as Lindy said, but the products are much cheaper in Germany than it is over there. On Drugstore.com, Maquintense is $37 for 150ml but here it is $17. Still expensive and if I deep condition twice a week, I go through an entire jar in a month. So I use it only when I want to do something special and I use LUST as my back-up. They are both L'oreal products with similar ingredients, but Not THE SAME AT ALL in terms of slip, silk, and shine. In fact, I will do a separate post on this.

Glad you liked it Caramel Kiss! I used it 2 weeks ago, and have noticed the shedding ended! I lose a few strands a day but, not like how it had been previosly.
trampoline.gif

Keraphix is great! Everytime I use it my hair comes out silky even before I put in the moisturizing conditioner and I can use it more often than the emergencee.

Thank u all for responding! But how often are u using it?

Do u think weekly would be too much?? My hair was breaking off like crazy before I joined this board. The conditioning washes and eliminating heat made a huge difference, but with the Keraphix I noticed how resilient and pliable it became. It didn't make my hair hard at all, but I deep conditioned just to be on the safe side.

Weekly might be 2 much. I use my every other week and I always follow with a deep conditioner and my hair hasn't look better.

Hi ladies-

Can someone please list the ingredients in Keraphix? I would like similar results but can't afford shelling out the $18 for it. I currently use Motions Silk Protein Conditioner and wanted to see if they were comparable.

Can you all recommend another product similar to Keraphix that isn't as expensive?

Thanks!

KitaWita,

I purchased mine for $9.95. It is in a tube, I am at work right now, and I don't remember the ounces, but, I don't use it weekly so I'm sure the smaller size will last awhile if that helps you any.

There are a lot of ingredients, maybe someone will post for you though, again I'm at work.

Thanks PBE!

I will see if I can find the smaller sized one. If I only use it twice a month, I think it should last me a while. If it's really as good as you ladies say, I am tempted to try it out (after the July challenge, of course).

Here's the ingredients Kitawita:

Aqueous Extract of Maticaria, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Keratin Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycine Soja Sterol, Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydibenzoyl Methane, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palamitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl 3 Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DNA, RNA, Polyquaternium 10, Zinc Chloride, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

Also, buy a small tube first and if u like it get it online girl!!! It'S too expensive at the salons!!!

CK,

You are the bomb!! Thanks. I will take this list and compare it with the Motions. I think I'm gonna give in and go ahead and buy it (after the July challenge, of course
smile.gif
)

Back