Keracare Humecto or Mizani Moisturefuse Moisturizing Conditioner?

When I relaxed I preferred Mizani Moisturefuse. I like creamy conditioners and my hair seemed to thrive when I used it. Once I relaxed, my old stylist used this on me. Maybe I will buy a bottle to try since my natural hair is currently suffering from dryness.

moisturefuse for me. it's been a staple of mine for about a year now, i loves it :) very moisturizing and provides lot of slip for me as well.

I love humecto but I rememeber a long time ago a stylist uses mizani products on me (I have no clue which ones) they were very moisturizing

Mizani Moisturefuze :up::up: I added Hollywood's Carrot Oil to it and the shine and softness were out of this world. :lol: I tried the KeraCare Humecto and it did nothing for my hair. :ohwell: It was too watery for me I guess.

MIZANI MOISTUREFUSE:

Ingredients
42046 SS9 Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Polyquarternium-37, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Parfum/Fragrance, Amodimethicone, Methylparaben, PPG-1-Trideceth-6, Stearyl Dimedthicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Chlorohex-Idne Dihydrochloride Geraniol, Trideceth-6, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Coumarin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethyltin Cineodecyl Ester. (D10413/1)

KERACARE HUMECTO

Ingredients
Water. Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Isostearate, Polyquaternium-32 (and) Mineral Oil, Quaternium-80, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Extracts of: (Nettle, Pine, Burdock, Chamomile, Marigold, Rosemary, Ivy, Arnica, Lime, Corn Flower, Wild Chamomile, St. John's wort, Water-cress, and Garlic), Perfume, Methylaparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone.

hth,
Kiki82

I prefer Humecto in the tub. If I recall correctly, Moisturfuse is only to be used to put intense moisture back into your hair (i.e after a relaxer). I use it after heavy protein treatments because it makes my hair feel nice and soft again. When used on a regular, my hair became limp and mushy. Also, on their website, if you go to get the prescription for your hairtype, the Moisturfuse is recommended for natural hair and to restore moisture after a relaxer. For relaxed hair, they recommend Fulfyl which is a mixture of protein and moisture. I've never used the Fulfyl though, so I can't recommend that. I love Humecto though :yep:.

I'm a bit confused...a little off topic here, sorry.....

I really thought I was buying a bottle of Mizani Moisturefuse. But when I got home and looked at it again, I acutally picked up "Mizani Hydrafuze: Intense Moisturizing Treatment". Instructions on the back says to leave on with heat for at least 10minutes.

What is the difference between the Moisturefuze and the Hydrafuze?:perplexed

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused...a little off topic here, sorry.....

I really thought I was buying a bottle of Mizani Moisturefuse. But when I got home and looked at it again, I acutally picked up "Mizani Hydrafuze: Intense Moisturizing Treatment". Instructions on the back says to leave on with heat for at least 10minutes.

What is the difference between the Moisturefuze and the Hydrafuze?:perplexed

Baddison, Moisturefuse is a regular conditioner, it provides a moderate amount of moisture. But Hydrafuse is an intensive treatment, it is meant for advanced moisture, it is left on longer like a DC.

Hey All! :hiya:

I found this archived post talking about the Mizani Moisturefuse. Pretty much saying to get it from a certified salon because the stuff in the stores isnt the orginal formula.

Well, I managed to get my hands on the original formula moisturefuse. As some of you know from an earlier post, we were arguing over the new moisturefuse which doesn't have any of the good stuff in it anymore e.g. rosemary, nettle, sage, chamomile, hair keratin etc.

I called up the NYC salon Free2beme went to and they stock Mizani. I had her read the ingredients to me which she kindly did and low and behold she has the original formula. I explained how I've been trying to find it everywhere in beauty supplies but they all have a new one with pure 'chemical' type ingredients. She said that what I'm seeing isn't a new one, its 'knock off' versions that they are selling. Apparently, Mizani Moisturefuse is only supposed to be sold at certified hair salons, the stuff bought at beauty supplies is a 'copy' version. In short, she said: "welcome to New York."

So it seems like Mizani haven't changed the formula at all. We just need to watch out for the 'fake' versions being sold all over under the Mizani name /images/graemlins/mad.gif I didn't think this was possible but obviously it is. The salon said that they re-purchase moisturefuse all the time so they don't have old versions, just the current same old version that Mizani always produces.

On a side note, this salon looks great. It looks very sleek, contemporary and tranquil. Like a high end salon. I looked around at the products by each hair station mirror and it was all high end products e.g. Kiehls, Keracare, Nexxus, etc. Nothing drugstore.

The receptionist had lovely hair too. Very short and really cute. Rollar sets there are $35. I'm definitely going to give them a try some day after work.

Orginal Post: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/archive/index.php/t-4008.html

HTH!:grin:

I found this archived post talking about the Mizani Moisturefuse. Pretty much saying to get it from a certified salon because the stuff in the stores isnt the orginal formula.

Well, I managed to get my hands on the original formula moisturefuse. As some of you know from an earlier post, we were arguing over the new moisturefuse which doesn't have any of the good stuff in it anymore e.g. rosemary, nettle, sage, chamomile, hair keratin etc.

I called up the NYC salon Free2beme went to and they stock Mizani. I had her read the ingredients to me which she kindly did and low and behold she has the original formula. I explained how I've been trying to find it everywhere in beauty supplies but they all have a new one with pure 'chemical' type ingredients. She said that what I'm seeing isn't a new one, its 'knock off' versions that they are selling. Apparently, Mizani Moisturefuse is only supposed to be sold at certified hair salons, the stuff bought at beauty supplies is a 'copy' version. In short, she said: "welcome to New York."

So it seems like Mizani haven't changed the formula at all. We just need to watch out for the 'fake' versions being sold all over under the Mizani name /images/graemlins/mad.gif I didn't think this was possible but obviously it is. The salon said that they re-purchase moisturefuse all the time so they don't have old versions, just the current same old version that Mizani always produces.

On a side note, this salon looks great. It looks very sleek, contemporary and tranquil. Like a high end salon. I looked around at the products by each hair station mirror and it was all high end products e.g. Kiehls, Keracare, Nexxus, etc. Nothing drugstore.

The receptionist had lovely hair too. Very short and really cute. Rollar sets there are $35. I'm definitely going to give them a try some day after work.

WOW....i had no idea...thanks for that info.

thanks a million for sharing! Mizani in on my to buy list(it will be a present to myself for completing a few challenges I joined recently).

Last edited:
So is there no BIG or OBVIOUS difference between the two? Is it just fine to DC with either one??:perplexed

Product Description found online for Moisturefuse:
Mizani Moisturfuse Moisturizing Conditioner is a deep moisturizing conditioning complex that saturates dry hair and scalp with soothing, softening moisture. It revitalizes and reduces breakage and splitting of hair. This complex of conditioners and proteins has substantive moisturizing properties that leave the hair soft supple and natural looking. Available sizes: 8 oz.,?30 oz.

Product Description found online for Hydrafuse:
Mizani Hydrafuse Intensive Moisturizing Treatment is a key component in the customized conditioning regime; this creamy conditioner binds a moisture-rich complex of ingredients to hair that has lost its moisture balance. By penetrating deep within each strand, the two-way moisturizing system attracts moisture to parched areas as it seals in its inherent lubricants. The result- hair is softer and more pliable.

So in a nutshell, Baddison, yep anyone can be used for DC. :yep::yep::yep:

Baddison, Moisturefuse is a regular conditioner, it provides a moderate amount of moisture. But Hydrafuse is an intensive treatment, it is meant for advanced moisture, it is left on longer like a DC.

THanks a bunch, C.Nicole. That finally clears it up for me....yup!!:yep:

So is there no BIG or OBVIOUS difference between the two? Is it just fine to DC with either one??:perplexed

Ok, a stylist answered this question for me. She said Hydrafuse has more water, while Moisturefuse has more humectants and oils. She told me that Hydrafuse is better for people with fine hair b/c the ingredients in Moisturefuse could weigh their hair down. If your hair is normal-coarse, go for the Moisturefuse.

Ok, a stylist answered this question for me. She said Hydrafuse has more water, while Moisturefuse has more humectants and oils. She told me that Hydrafuse is better for people with fine hair b/c the ingredients in Moisturefuse could weigh their hair down. If your hair is normal-coarse, go for the Moisturefuse.

Wow...thanks!:grin:

I have tried both, and I perfer very much Moisturefuse. It's thicker, and very moisturizing. I don't like Keracare Humecto in the bottle because it feels like pouring perfumed water on my hair. It didn't do anything for my hair, plus it has mineral oil in it, and I don't likey that mess!:nono:

Moisturefuse is best when I'm over 5 weeks post!

I tried the mizani moisturfuse for the first time yesterday and added some coconut milk and did my first braid-out. I have nice bouncy waves that are so soft. Humecto does okay on my hair also.

That's makes sense for me. My hair does not care for the Hydrafuse.

FYI for anyone looking for Moisturefuse. This can be purchased from Ulta. The products here should be authentic since Ulta is also a salon.

Moisturefuse provides me w/ better slip than Humecto... I use it ever 2 weeks sometimes as a rinse out sometimes as a DC...

I added to this on a previous post.

Just got off the phone to Mizani (1877-726-3624) and I spoke with 'Cathy'. You aren't buying knock-offs. The reason the labeling has changed is because when Mizani was transferred over to L'Oreal, the labeling had to comply with the E.U. 7th amendment act, which means that the labeling had to uniform on products. So if they were to sell it to customers like me in London, the labels had to be exactly the same as the labels they are selling here in the states.
So now, the products are listed in order of % composition and also listed by their chemical names.
Hope this helps...

Back