KeraCare Humecto....Gone Bad

Kacie

Humecto used to be my staple conditioner, my top notch moisture aide. However, the last couple of months it has given me nothing but a tangled mess. I tried clarifying my hair and mixing oils/honey with the Humecto and nothing has helped. Today after I used it my hair was hard and tangled so I had to whip out my Queen Helene Pro Cholesterol.... a few seconds later the tangles fell out and my comb glided through.

I've tried to make it work but I think I'm going to have to give up. I have purchased my last couple of tubs from the same supplier so I don't know if that's the issue or not. Queen Helene and Proclaim Aloe & Shea are going to be my new staples :lick:.

Please weigh in ...Has Humecto dissapointed anyone else as of lately?

u said ur clarified but did u chelate... did u use a chelating shampoo. clarifying removes build up but chelating removes build up and minerals from hard water from your hair..

u said ur clarified but did u chelate... did u use a chelating shampoo. clarifying removes build up but chelating removes build up and minerals from hard water from your hair..

Yeah, I use Kenra Chelating Poo. I also purchased a shower filter and used porosity control to try to make my Humecto work like it used too. :ohwell:

Humecto used to be my staple conditioner, my top notch moisture aide. However, the last couple of months it has given me nothing but a tangled mess. I tried clarifying my hair and mixing oils/honey with the Humecto and nothing has helped. Today after I used it my hair was hard and tangled so I had to whip out my Queen Helene Pro Cholesterol.... a few seconds later the tangles fell out and my comb glided through.

I've tried to make it work but I think I'm going to have to give up. I have purchased my last couple of tubs from the same supplier so I don't know if that's the issue or not. Queen Helene and Proclaim Aloe & Shea are going to be my new staples :lick:.

Please weigh in ...Has Humecto dissapointed anyone else as of lately?

How long have you been using it? I think it's normal to need to change products after prolonged use. Since I started my journey, I've noticed that the products that worked at first don't work as well anymore.

I just purchased a tub of Humecto. I hope it works long enough for me to finish that darned tub!

One of my stylists told me that hair can become accustomed to products very easily. She always encouraged me to mix products that I use with something else. I bet if you don't use it for a few months and go back it will be OK.

Yeah, I use Kenra Chelating Poo. I also purchased a shower filter and used porosity control to try to make my Humecto work like it used too. :ohwell:

I agree with Daephae You may need to switch products. i usually rotate products after 3-4 months no longer than 6. I figured this out after using all Keracare products, then using all Elucence products for extended periods of time. My hair was acting funky even with chelating, clarifying, filters etc.

Thanks ladies. Humecto has been my staple for about 3-4 years :ohwell: so I guess it does need a break.

Back