Keracare Humecto fans -- new formula in the bottles!

I haven't :(

The ones I saw at Ulta and the salon were the same old bottles. I can't wait to try it though! I've always wanted to try the thicker formula without buying the whole tub :/

Here is what the new bottle will look like (not that different).

humecto_update.jpg

I'm looking forward to this too. I always wondered why the small bottle didn't feel as cushy as the one my stylist used in the big tub. Cool!

Cool! I've always wanted to try Humecto, but didn't wanna commit to 5 pounds of it! I'm gonna do some searching and see if I can find the new bottles :grin:

Yay!!!! I always buy the tub, now I can buy it in a smaller size? That's great. It's my favorite conditioner. I have the liquidy one in the bottle too, but it's just not as good as the thick one in the tub. This is great!

This is great! I hated the Keracare in the bottle before. It felt too watery. I don't know why there were two different formulas anyway tho. I want to support black companies, but ignorant mess like this gets to me. So...I don't think I'm going back.

This is great! I hated the Keracare in the bottle before. It felt too watery. I don't know why there were two different formulas anyway tho. I want to support black companies, but ignorant mess like this gets to me. So...I don't think I'm going back.

You wouldn't go back for a better product?

I always thought that the one in the bottle was the "at home" product, sold to consumers. The tub was the "professional use only product" sold to professionals, not to consumers (well, in theory). I think that is why they were different formulas/consistency. I don't necessairly agree with that, but there was some method to their madness.

I could be wrong, but I don't think KeraCare is a black company.

You wouldn't go back for a better product?

Well, I have never tried the Keracare in a tub, so I don't know if its actually "better," per se. I guess its just that I'm no longer a product junkie, so I don't feel the need to try out every new thing and risk it not working for me like how I expected.

&& thanks RocStar for your informative post also. I thought they were black owned, but I did some research and it doesn't seem as if they are.

Thanks for the update ladies! I'll definitely be trying this out! I had no idea they were too different forumulas. I always wondered why my beautician's felt thicker as well.

This is good news. I've never used the one in the tub, just the bottle and I really like it. I hope I'll like this one too, looking forward to it.

This actually pisses me off.

First off, i apologize to everybody who I thought was delusional about there actually being a difference between the bottle and the tub.

What bothers me is how is it ethical to sell a product under the same name with 2 different formulas depending on the size they buy AND not tell the consumers there is a difference?

I bought my first bottle 4 years ago and back then folks posted the ingredients from the tub and the bottle and they were the same. I ended up getting another bottle at a BOGO sale thinking I'd just had a bad watery batch the first time and come to find out, nope I just had the 'other' formula that they didn't bother to tell anybody about.

I will be sending my angry letter to Avalon tomorrow cuz they OWE me some free samples of the new product.

This actually pisses me off.

First off, i apologize to everybody who I thought was delusional about there actually being a difference between the bottle and the tub.

What bothers me is how is it ethical to sell a product under the same name with 2 different formulas depending on the size they buy AND not tell the consumers there is a difference?

I bought my first bottle 4 years ago and back then folks posted the ingredients from the tub and the bottle and they were the same. I ended up getting another bottle at a BOGO sale thinking I'd just had a bad watery batch the first time and come to find out, nope I just had the 'other' formula that they didn't bother to tell anybody about.

I will be sending my angry letter to Avalon tomorrow cuz they OWE me some free samples of the new product.

ITA. Mention twinkletoes in your letter :P lol.

They've been making more money off of the tub. I wonder how many LHCF ladies abandoned the bottle for the tub. They must have been receiving numerous complaints. It's common sense to make both the bottle and the tub exactly the same. Then again, common sense isn't quite common :/

I want it, Imma check JCP for it.....
I hated the watery version, I didnt see the hype. I dont like watery cond. in general.
After I use some of this crap I got, imma get it.

Hi,
If you are looking online it appears that paynesbeautysupply.com has the new formula in the bottle. As a regular Humecto user, I have to say that buying Humecto in the 5 lb. tub is much more economical...just thought I would mention.

paynesbeautysupply-salon_2050_48992022

[FONT=arial, helvetica]kchucrco16
trans_1x1.gif
Regular price: $19.95
trans_1x1.gif
Sale price: $16.95[/FONT]

Last edited:
Just wanna say that by golly I think you are right. That is the exact same thing i was thinking when I read this thread. WE have been talking about how the tub is so much better than the bottle and wishing that there was the tub version in the bottle, and lo and behold.

Just wanna say...

I believe these companies have representatives that read these boards. :yep: We have power!

Back