Keracare Humecto and Healthier Hair In a Bottle

RedMammi

Hi everyone!! Was just lookin over some threads when one on Keracare Humecto caught my eye. After reading many reviews on how good humecto was, I just had to try it. I got it for eight dollars, the 8oz size off of EBAY. Got it in the mail and ran to wash my hair. Washed with cream of nature shampoo, than sat with keracare for about an hour. When i first took it out of the tube it was very thin and I have a lot of thick hair. I felt like i had to use almost the whole bottle just to cover my hair. BAAAAAD. Also, the scent is not bad but just a tad bit too heavy. Anyways, after my head dried it was sooo dry. I'm like did i put anything at all in my hair. I tried it three or four times after and still the same results. So im on the lookout for a new conditioner. Im thinking of either trying one from the Loreal unfrizz line, empress, or Optimum Care. I'm also looking for a good leave in. I just tried Healthier Hair in a bottle and i must say this is one of the best oils I have ever tried. I am almost at six weeks and my hair becomes hard to comb. I washed my hair put some of this on it and let air dry. I tied it with my silk scarf. When I woke up my hair was smooth and u could hardly see any waves. I will be trying this again. Any suggestions would be great on leave ins and conditoners. <font color="red"> </font>

I had the same experience with Humecto. It is so thin that I used almost the entire bottle. And my hair did not turn out moisturized. And the smell really bothers me.

...........I know a really good leave-in is Barry Fletcher moisture silk.

HI ALL. Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it very very much. Healthier hair is an oil that u can purchase online for about 17 dollars total, that includes s &amp; h. It's made by Carolyn Gray who has some pretty good ideas on hair tips. The oil has tons of good stuff like vitamin e, coconut oil, jojoba, castor just to name a few. Let me tell ya it really really works. You can check out her site at www.blackwomansguide.com. My hair was not as dry after washing it as it usually is. I have a short hairstyle that it tapered in the back so i cant wear it in protective styles and i have a problem with dry ends. I have an appt on Tues...Relaxer time!! So I will be getting a deep condition and will prob. be going weekly to combat some of this dryness I have been having. Also, a lil shedding but that might be bc of the hormone medicine I have to take two more months. Hope that helps.

The humecto that I purchased from the beauty supply store in NY is not thin at all, rather it's pretty thick. I have thick beyond shoulder length hair and I only fill up my palm with it and my entire head is covered.

Back