Kenra Intensive Emollient

caress

Has anyone here ever used Kenra Intensive Emollient? If so, would you consider this more more of a moisturizing or protein conditioner? What are your opinions of this product? I got a sample and am I gonna try it soon.

IMO, it's more of a moisturizing conditioner. I used two samples (back when they first came out). Made my hair nice and soft and moisturized.

Allandra, it doesn't sound like the conditioner wowed you. I'm actually going to try it tonight. I'm always opn the lookout for good moisturizing conditoners so this may be right up my alley.

Oh here's some info for those of you who have never heard of it:

INTENSIVE EMOLLIENT TREATMENT
Kenra's most intense moisturizing treatment for dry and chemically stressed hair.

Mango, Olive, and Cocoa emollients replace lost lipids, while strengthening silk proteins fortify weak hair strands. Microencapsulated Jojoba oil and natural plant extracts further drench hair in moisture. Dry, brittle hair will become noticeably more supple, radiant and manageable. Essential for sun or thermal damaged hair, or hair that is chemically processed.

Features and Benefits
# Replaces lost lipids (moisture molecules) in high lift color, bleached and heavily highlighted hair
# Moisturizes chemically straightened and permanently waved hair
# Improves shine and helps protect thermal damaged hair
# Corrects brittleness in sun and/or swimmer's hair
# Softens coarse hard to manage hair
# Improved elasticity in long hair

Application
Apply to shampooed hair. Allow to remain for 2 minutes. Rinse. Can be used daily on extremely dry hair.

Additional uses
For maximum moisturization, apply generous amount to damp hair, cover with plastic cap and apply heat for 3-5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.

Key Ingredients
# Natural butters (mango olive and cocoa) replace lost lipids due to chemical services.
# Hydrolyzed silk protein helps strengthen chemically treated hair.
# Microencapsulated Jojoba oil and botanical extracts further moisturize

Yes, it wowed me when I first tried it, but girl plenty of other stuff came along.
laugh.gif
Try it. You may like it too.

I tried it and I liked it but I'm not sure I was wowed by it. I think maybe I'm expecting to achieve the same kind of slip I got with relaxed hair and that's just not realistic. I will be getting my hair relaxed this week, I think.
scratchchin.gif
ohwell.gif
We'll see what happens.

I got a free sample when they were offering it through naturallycurly.com. It feels like a moisturizing conditioner on my hair. It was good, but I had cheaper stuff that worked just as well.

I wasn't impressed by this conditioner at all. The label sounds lot more impressive than it actually is.

Back