Keeping your hair short after the BC - pic enclosed

DigitalRain

So I big chopped almost a year ago and I have a least 5-6 inches of natural hair. But now I'm itching to bc again because.......I am missing the short crop. I ♥ being able to wash, grease it up a bit and keep kicking. I love being able to swim, and shake my head and go. The longer my hair gets, the more time I have to invest in it and I'm not sure I'm pleased with that.

So tomorrow I may make an appointment to get it cut, not as short as my first bc but somewhere close to it. Its either that or get braids.

1843799.JPG

My hair twisted and it takes FOREVER to do!!

Do what you got to do! You look like you are one of those beautiful people who can rock a short buzz cut to me and I always think women like that should stay short for a while. So if it's easier for your lifestyle I say go for it and don't forget to post pics!

Last edited:
Everyone isn't able to rock the short hair and look fierce. I say go for it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I kept my hair very short between a buzz cut and 3" for six years. I just decided last month to grow my hair out to WL; I got it cut in June down to a one guard. Truth be told, I'm a little freaked at how much time it will take me to do my hair from now on. When my hair is a slightly longer TWA, I normally get the itch to cut it off again.

I feel ya! I've worn short hair for MANY years and I feel my best w/short hair. I've told hubby that I'm growing my hair out during my 30's but I'm planning to go short again once I turn 40..and keeping it that way ;)

ETA:
Whenever I get to the point of being tempted to cut, I hide my hair from myself. I either rock extensions or I cornrow and wig/headwrap my hair. I've been using thses methods to get through the in-between stage.

Last edited:
You definitely have the face to rock a short do.
I daydream about getting a short permed nia long cut/do....
but i dont know if i ever will.

I don't blame you at all. When my detangling time started getting ridiculous with 10+ inches of hair I snipped my right off too lol....

I wore a twa for 4 years and it was very nice. I just started growing my hair out last year and I didn't know what I was getting into. I do miss the days of wash and go. I shampooed, put some stay soft fro in and that was it. So enjoy it as long as you can and as long as you want.

you look great and if short makes things more simple for you, then go for it. I love short hair as well

Lets start a club! LOL

ymLUY.png

Already posted ^ but I just wanted to reiterate, you aren't alone. I vote for braids. Just see how you feel about your hair when you haven't been able to play in it for about a month. Good luck.:grin:

You're gorgeous either way, but I totally understand, being able to truly wash and go was the best!

I think that 1st year after the bc spoiled me :lol: I've never experienced hair that short before and seeing how easy it is to maintain with no drama, I'm not looking forward to going back to long hair.

Back