Keeping a press overnight

inthepink

My problem is not that I don't know how to straighten my hair and get it super straight. My problem is that when I got to bed, I sometimes sweat and this causes the waves closest to my scalp to come back. I've tried using WGO which is supposed to keep hair from reverting but no help. I also turn my air up high so that I don't sweat but somehow I always wake up with waves at my roots. Any ideas?? I feel like I waste my time straightening my hair when I can't even keep it overnight! :(

You can put your hair in a low pony with a satin scrunchie, then tie a satin scarf on your head tight so that the waves won't pop up. By the way, I think root waves are pretty, even if you're going for the straight look.

By the way Hairlove, when are we going to see some updates? You were a big inspiration for my transition.

After working out, my hair does the same thing but I apply CD's hair balm and that straightens my roots out. But I have to warn you that it is oily!!!!!!

Thanks Yas.

Cali - I do exactly what you said. A low pony and a tight scarf. no help. I will wake up with flat hair but it is wave city!!

Sorry, I haven't taken any pictures of my hair since like March or April. I need a new camera. The longest part is just at the end of my bra strap when it's straight.

I'm trying to remember what I used to do when I used to press my hair. I think it was a combo of wrapping my hair, it being trained to stay straight (press every 2 to 3 weeks), and fan/air conditioning.

Hmm...well I usually wrap my hair at night (sloppily somewhat as I;m no expert) and cover it with a satin scarf. That should keep everything straight. :)

As I get lazier through the week I do the ponytail thing (a high one in my case but again, covered with a satin scarf).

Back