Keep coming back for more(Surge related)

melodee

even though I had a bad reaction to Surge about a month ago, I figured if I didn't use it as heavily it would be okay. Well, I'm feeling a sore spot in the back of my head, another indication of a Surge reaction. For those whose have reactions, does using it sparingly prevent the scalp attack?(This is for those who have problems with it)

Melodee, if the product continues to irritate you then I'd strongly suggest you stop using it. From discussions here on LHC and some of my own reading-up I'm pretty sure that the key ingredient in Surge is the muccopolysaccharide - both comfrey oil and aloe vera juice (100%) are natural sources rich in the substance. So if you're still interested in the possible increased growth, you could try one (or both) of those substitutes.

I must admit I too had a reaction to Surge. I have been using it sinc November, and just about a week ago I washed my hair and did my usual Surge.The next day the nape of my neck was on fire(some of it dripped down ny neck). I started putting castor oil on that area and it is cleared up now. I think it is because some of the residue from the shampoo was still in my skin and they reacted. Other than that I haven't had ANY scalp irritation with Surge. Maybe you have a build-up of other products on your scalp that are reacting with the Surge. I do notice that you HAVE to keep your scalp clean when using, because if you will notice after 2 days of using Surge your scalp starts to look different almost scaly like. So it is important that your scalp is cleaned. Sorry about the long post .HTH

I have used Surge since December and so far no problems. I also do daily co washes so there is never any build up from it.

[ QUOTE ]
lthomas1 said:
I have used Surge since December and so far no problems. I also do daily co washes so there is never any build up from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that, I think is the key to avoid these irritations, daily co washes. I also think it works great on the hair, it seems safer to me too. For me, daily spritzing on the hair has only given positive results. My hair hardly ever breaks. But some (not all) people who spray it constantly on their scalps seem to be the ones with the skin problems. Hey, the hair is going to grow regardless(with or without Surge on your scalp,imo), so just spraying Surge on the hair, keeps it strong so that you can see length accumulate.

I just started using Surge... It has been a week, but I'm not having any problems. I have a KeraCare glossifer that I put on my scalp and I use the Surge products on just the hair I don't put them on my scalp.

I have been using Surge since February 15 and I haven't had any problems. I don't do conditioner washes. I only wash my hair once a week. I Surge twice a day with Woojee Cream and Care Free Curl Activator.

I started using Surge 14/2/04, applied to the scalp only,, and have done daily co washes and have had no problems. As a pj i have been using profectiv break free ( just to use it up) on the hair only after the surge has dried on the scalp.

Melodee, I feel you cos I cant use surge either even though I would love to. But I think you have to be rational about it and put your health first. After I got that bad headache I stopped and wont ever use it again even sparingly. It is just not that serious ....

Back