Just when I though I was making no Progress

tmkersha

So I took my twists down today and decided to do a length check. I have been feeling a little unsure about whether I've been retaining my length. Much to my surprise...I HAVE. The first picture was taken at the beginning of march. I plan on flat ironing my hair next week so I'll post pictures of that later.

Photo+on+2011-02-26+at+17.26+%25232.jpg

And this is today

Photo+on+2011-04-28+at+15.45+%25233.jpg

I'm getting really close to BSL! I'm about an inch or so away, but I want to be a FULL BSL. I'll see what it looks like when it's all pressed out. I'm very shocked BTW.

Last edited:
Fabulous progress. And a very encouraging thread. I know at times I feel I'm not making any progress. There's still hope. Thanks!

Looking forward to the flat iron pics. I think it will look even longer.

Fantastic progress! Reggie?

1. Shampoo once a week
  2. DC once a week
  3. Finger detangle.
  4. Leave in conditioner (Kimmay's homemade leave in)
  5. Monthly Cassia Treatments
  6. I've been styling my hair in 2 strand twists mainly. I'm going to do a sew in for the summer.
Low manipulation and resisting the hair scissors have been key things for me. The cassia and finger detangling have drastically reduced breakage.

Last edited:
it's always like that!! i could have SWORN my hair was the same length as the last time i flat ironed and then this time i was like whoa hey where did these inches come from lol

Back