Just started hair journey. Is my regimen good?

coco8257

Ok so I'm new here and i've just decided to go natural.My hair is kinda short at the moment longer than twa the back almost reaches my shoulders stretched most of my head natural except my ends which are still relaxed and there breaking off like crazy. i just want some advice on my regimen to know if I'm doing it right.

On fridays i wash my hair with doo gro moisturizing gro shampoo and deep condition my hair with Africa's best organics hair mayonnaise about 3-4 hours.Then i put cantu shea butter in and let it air dry. After it's about 80% dry i put in some crisco/olive oil mix in and put it in a bunch of twists and leave it like that for the week. During the week i moisturize with kids organics shea butter and a spritz mix of conditioner,olive oil,and water.I take futurebiotics hair skin and nails, drink at least 5 glases of water each day, wear a satin cap when i sleep, and massage my scalp at night

I just wanted to know if the is a good way to go. If you have any advice i would love to hear it and any products i could use for my breakage?

Hey! I'm new here too so I don't know A LOT about regimens & such but one thing to always think about is how your hair feels...if it feels like its moisturized and you aren't having MAJOR breakage then i would say youre doing good lol!

For the breakage, I've done some research and most of the ladies on this board have said that they will do a protein treatment. Aphogee is a brand that I've heard them mention...

I am thinking you need to cut those relaxed ends off before they make the rest of your hair split. Also I have found that my hair does not like a lot of protien so see how much you are using in a week. Look at all the ingreditents in your conditioners and everything you are using on your hair.

But I'm sure those that know best will chime in.

I would say your regimen largely depends on how you wear your hair, and since you say you do a lot of two-strand twists, I would also advocate going ahead and chopping those relaxed ends. Between the hair mayo and the Cantu, you should have enough protein in your regimen. It sounds like a good basic regimen. I would just stress that if it is working for you, don't change anything!

Back