Just sharing some pics of my new hair...

Xavier

I big chopped in September 2006...relaxed my hair a month later because I was so frustrated. The next month I found LHCF.

LHCF got me to this. Actually the longest my hair has been in my life.

100_2620.jpg

100_2424.jpg

November 21, 2010 was my last relaxer. My hair looked great at first but after my next wash my hair came out in clumps. My worst set-back ever. :sad:

My ends were so thin and damaged...I cut my hair to a little above APL.

Here is my main style during my transitioning period. Bantu Knots...
IMGP5337.jpg

After transitioning from Nov 21, 2010 to July 9th...I did the Big Chop again...this time I plan to stay natural.:grin:

Here are is my now!:drunk:
IMGP5728.jpg

****Sorry Ladies. I swear I resized these pics. Not sure what happened. I'll try to resize them again.*****

Attachments

• 100_2620.jpg
    100_2620.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Re: Just sharing some pick of my new hair...

That is so pretty! This looks even better on you cause it highlights your great facial features. Good job!

You are so pretty! Love your hair in all the states: relaxed, transitioning and natural. You wear them all well. :up:

I totally agree with the rest of the ladies. You rock a twa very well!

I agree, you wear a TWA very well (and that is the prettiest, most defined bantu knot-out I've seen to date).

Pretty girl! Can you explain what products you used on your bantu knots and how you did them to achieve the results you did? I am currently transitioning and my bantu knots look nothing like that. As a matter of fact, they fall within a couple of hours.

Pretty girl! Can you explain what products you used on your bantu knots and how you did them to achieve the results you did? I am currently transitioning and my bantu knots look nothing like that. As a matter of fact, they fall within a couple of hours.

Here you go chica!

-Wash (I don't have a staple shampoo because I pretty much use whatever I have and dilute the shampoo I am using at the moment.)
-Deep Condition with Aussie Moist
-Detangle in Shower
-Towel Dry
-Then I section my hair and do the bantu knots adding my leave-in to each section as I go. I use a combo of Kinky Curly Knot Today and Coconut Oil
-I do mine using small sections, a little bigger than quarter size
-I do not two strand twist my hair before doing the bantu knots which I know some ladies like to do.
-I tie a scarf in the front to smooth out my edges after applying a tiny amount of IC Fantasia gel.
-I always air dry overnight
-Take down and separate
-Add a little more moisturizer and coconut oil

Hope this helps...

I haven't tried bantu knots on my hair as a complete natural yet but when I do I will use these same steps.

You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your hair journey.

Here you go chica!

-Wash (I don't have a staple shampoo because I pretty much use whatever I have and dilute the shampoo I am using at the moment.)
-Deep Condition with Aussie Moist
-Detangle in Shower
-Towel Dry
-Then I section my hair and do the bantu knots adding my leave-in to each section as I go. I use a combo of Kinky Curly Knot Today and Coconut Oil
-I do mine using small sections, a little bigger than quarter size
-I do not two strand twist my hair before doing the bantu knots which I know some ladies like to do.
-I tie a scarf in the front to smooth out my edges after applying a tiny amount of IC Fantasia gel.
-I always air dry overnight
-Take down and separate
-Add a little more moisturizer and coconut oil

Hope this helps...

I haven't tried bantu knots on my hair as a complete natural yet but when I do I will use these same steps.

Thanks! And if you don't two-strand twist your bantu knots, how do you do them?

beautiful girl and your hair looks great before, during and after! You make me want to try bantu knots!

I agree with what everyone said. You and your hair are beautiful. Great progress love!

Ditto on beautiful you and your hair. I like how each pic shows your versatility. Enjoy your new hair!

It's funny how your natural hair looks so...YOU! It really fits you. I usually feel that we when I see bc pics. It's like duh, of course it fits. That's why it's natural, lol.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Thanks ladies. I am doing a deep conditioning right now...getting ready to do a braidout. I am liking this stage but can't wait until I can do a bun as an easy and quick protective style.

Back