Just registered, pics and progress :)

mischka

shrinkage.
Hi y'all,

I got my last relaxer in about the summer of 2007. After that I started wearing sew ins to grow out my relaxed ends. I would get a little bit cut off at a time in between getting the sew in redone. By maybe winter 2009, I had cut off all my relaxed ends and my hair was about shoulder length or so.

I was still wearing sew ins after that even though I was completely natural because I wasn't sure how to style my natural hair, and I was attached to the long pretty Indian donor weave :nono: Then one day a couple months ago around Oct 09, I just decided I hated the weave. I looked in the mirror and decided it was not something a confident woman would wear, for me. So even though I had sunk hundreds of dollars into that hairstyle barely a month ago I couldn't wait to get it out of my head, I couldn't even wait til the weekend, I had to take it down in the middle of the week. And since then I've been rocking my natural hair and it feels so ****** amazing.

Here are some pics. I had my hair straightened around Valentine's Day and I am around APL now. My hair has not been this long since I was a child.

7552a0df.jpg

fa0588fa.jpg
this is my shrinkage :blush:

81913bcc.jpg

this is when I had it straightened almost a month ago

526c4705.jpg
this is my length now (yes i had the stylist take a pic lol)

041b22f4.jpg

So hi there everybody! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

:welcome:

Yay! Welcome! You're off to a great start with the lovely pictures, I see. Glad you've joined us.

Happy hair growing!

Gorgeous hair! Welcome to the forum. I started my journey in '07 too and I'm so excited to be starting to see some length. It's the longest I've ever had too and people are like "your hair is so long." I think I have a touch of hair anorexia because I can't help but think "Finally, starting to get some good length. They ain't seen nothing yet :) hee.hee.

Gorgeous hair! Welcome to the forum. I started my journey in '07 too and I'm so excited to be starting to see some length. It's the longest I've ever had too and people are like "your hair is so long." I think I have a touch of hair anorexia because I can't help but think "Finally, starting to get some good length. They ain't seen nothing yet :) hee.hee.

How long is your hair now? I wonder if my hair is "average" length for this amount of time, if I'm getting my .5 a month. Sometimes I feel like my hair should be longer even though in general I'm really happy with the progress.

Hi y'all,

I got my last relaxer in about the summer of 2007. After that I started wearing sew ins to grow out my relaxed ends. I would get a little bit cut off at a time in between getting the sew in redone. By maybe winter 2009, I had cut off all my relaxed ends and my hair was about shoulder length or so.

I was still wearing sew ins after that even though I was completely natural because I wasn't sure how to style my natural hair, and I was attached to the long pretty Indian donor weave :nono: Then one day a couple months ago around Oct 09, I just decided I hated the weave. I looked in the mirror and decided it was not something a confident woman would wear, for me. So even though I had sunk hundreds of dollars into that hairstyle barely a month ago I couldn't wait to get it out of my head, I couldn't even wait til the weekend, I had to take it down in the middle of the week. And since then I've been rocking my natural hair and it feels so ****** amazing.

Here are some pics. I had my hair straightened around Valentine's Day and I am around APL now. My hair has not been this long since I was a child.

this is my shrinkage :blush:

this is when I had it straightened almost a month ago

this is my length now (yes i had the stylist take a pic lol)

So hi there everybody! :drunk::drunk::drunk:
:welcome3::newbie:
Great hair and happy hair growing:yep:

Last edited:
your hair is REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!.... my hair looks just like your first picture when its wet! will someone inbox me the hair type please!...... i hope you enjoy yourself on here!

Your natural hair looks beautiful..... it "almost" makes me want to be natural again, I've been a slave to the creamy crack for 20 long years. I tried letting it grow out back in 2006, but after 4 months of no relaxing my hair was breaking and getting extremely hard to comb and manage, I guess it was going through withdrawals, ha ha :lol:.
Well good for you for being dedicated, your hair really is beautiful.

Loved your story, loved your pics. Beautiful hair. I am at the point of being sick of weaves, but my hair retains so much in them. But I am waiting for the day when I can do a big reveal. Welcome!

Nice hair, you must have really taken care of your hair under those installs- b/c it looks healthy. oh, and welcome to the board :0

Back