Just Random Questions!!

girlyprincess23

1. Has anyone ever told the dominican stylists to turn the heat down on the blowdryers? I mean is it okay or will everyone look at me like I have 2 heads?

2. What is the best DC for transitioning 4a/b hair?

3. Does anyone have to DC more frequently during the winter?

4. Are there any silk lined head wraps that have enough variety that a person could for instance wear them all winter to protect their hair?

5. What is "heat- trained" is that like heat damaged? Also if a natural (or transitioning natural) were to flat iron weekly or biweekly would that lead to heat damage or "heat training".

6. If a person were transitioning and they were doing so by flat ironing or rollerset/ blowout would it be a better idea to get a BKT or something similar... you know to cut down on the mechanical damage (pulling, combing, tugging, demarcation line, etc)?

Just some thoughts that were on my mind:grin: Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
1. Has anyone ever told the dominican stylists to turn the heat down on the blowdryers? I mean is it okay or will everyone look at me like I have 2 heads?

2. What is the best DC for transitioning 4a/b hair? I love Nunaat KARITE.

3. Does anyone have to DC more frequently during the winter? I DC every poo, so nothings changed for winter except no wash and gos..too cold!!

4. Are there any silk lined head wraps that have enough variety that a person could for instance wear them all winter to protect their hair? I have many silk scarves but the SALLYS black cap with the grey band stays put all night without tension. I wear it under my hats too.

5. What is "heat- trained" is that like heat damaged? Also if a natural (or transitioning natural) were to flat iron weekly or biweekly would that lead to heat damage or "heat training". Not a heater..cannot answer.

6. If a person were transitioning and they were doing so by flat ironing or rollerset/ blowout would it be a better idea to get a BKT or something similar... you know to cut down on the mechanical damage (pulling, combing, tugging, demarcation line, etc)? Don't know.

Just some thoughts that were on my mind:grin: Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Gave a few answers to those questions which pertain to my hair health-I am totally natural.

Back