Just made Hair Bhringraj oil and Spray

Edie

I made some Bhringraj oil and hair spray today. I added one heaping table spoon of the powderto 12 ounches of hot water and let sit for one hour, drained and added to a spray bottle. I then added one tablespoon rosemary oil and one tablespoon of the No drip Lustre silk hair spray (I hope that's the right name I am using. I dont have the bottle in front of me) to it. Drained through stocking and put in spray bottle. I will spray this one my hair daily to keep it moisturized. I then took 12 ounces of oil (4 ozs olive oil, 4ozs vitamin E oil, 4 ozes rosemary oil and a teaspoon of peppermint oil. Added one heaping tablespoon of Bhringraj powder. I stirred well. Heated in a double boiler over low heat for one and a half hour and let sit for one hour. Strained through a stocking and put in bottle for use on scalp and hair. Bhringraj is suppose to be a great growth aid and supposedly a calming effect to help you sleep. The oil has a somewhat fruity smell about it. I used the spray tonight and it did in fact soften my hair. I will use the oil tomorrow on my hair and scalp.

Congrats. Be sure to post this in the recipe section too. I am sure some ladies will be looking for this soon.

Very interesting mix. Sounds good. Just be careful with your dilutions of essential oils. If you put too much, the effect actually decreases.

You had so many mixtures, I couldn't keep track of the dilutions. As long as it's less than 5%, you should be cool.

Back