JUst joined today

gigi0813

I did the big chop in late September last year and I have been bascially wearing my hair pulled back with headbands for the past three months. I have actually grown bored with wearing my hair this way but I have trouble with the twist outs because of the texture of my hair. It doesn't have the tight coiled look that I find so appealing. My hair is straight at the front and crown and curly in the back. I wonder if there is something I could do that would make my hair look nappy?

Welcome to the forum. :)

I agree w/ pookaloo. But maybe using gel to set your twists before your twistouts would help.

I did the big chop in late September last year and I have been bascially wearing my hair pulled back with headbands for the past three months. I have actually grown bored with wearing my hair this way but I have trouble with the twist outs because of the texture of my hair. It doesn't have the tight coiled look that I find so appealing. My hair is straight at the front and crown and curly in the back. I wonder if there is something I could do that would make my hair look nappy?

No.:lachen:

We have the same texture, and I sing the blues all the time. My ends-especially in the front (and all my hair then at the front)-are straight. You might want to try braids/braidouts. My mother, who has the exact same texture, finds braidouts work best.

I'm wearing twists now, and my hair is so fine. I haven't twisted my hair since May 25, 2008, fo real. The density of my own hair frustrates me when I see all the thick, tightly coiled LHCF sisters (and when they complain about it:rolleyes:LOL). I also can't stand the "straightness". However, pookaloo83 is right: just work with what you've got.

Welcome to the forum:). Glad to have you here:yep:

Welcome, try to joing us in the TWA grw out challenge, and there`s also a thread name New naturals (or something like that) i believe you could find very good info and ideas on how to change your hair.

Welcome aboard HHG

Back