Just had 5 inches off my hair

thefwf

It's alot easier to manage now and dries faster, but still frizzes if I haven't washed/conditioned/serumed it that same day.

What can I do to calm frizz without my hair looking greasy when I don't have too much time (e.g before I go to work)

The before pic is about a year old, I just don't have any more recent pics, so it was quite a bit longer

Before:
l_123e0dc52cedb1a4c3ea2c3f9636cd78.jpg

After
l_b24629e16a05adbb3d802b6011bb4854.jpg

Last edited:
A leave-in or serum would help control the frizzies. It may take some experimenting with different brands to find the right one.

ETA - I just re-read your post and I see that you already use serum. I'm not really sure what will work since your hair is naked and airdried. You can try a braidout. :lol:

Last edited:
What products are you currently using?

BTW the cut looks nice, I not sure what you length goal is but it'll grow back in no time.

Keeping it in a pony defiantly, if I leave it without it frizzes, I have no problems the day I wash and dry, but after that before my next hair wash.

Would just conditioning it and serum help for the days I don't wash it?

So on wash day your hair is fine, but it gets frizzy the next day?

(I think I'm reading that right, but I don't know cause it's early and my brain is only 1/2 on :lol: )

If that's the case, how are you sleeping at night? Do you wear a satin scarf or sleep on a satin pillowcase? If not, that's what's probably causing the frizzies--all of the friction

Anyone ever try John Frieda's line for frizzy hair? I think it's called Frizz Ease. I wonder if that would work.

Thefwf, have you tried mixedchicks for men?

http://www.mixedchicks.net/mixedchicksformen/hismixproducts.html

It's a leave in for you to use after shampoo to control frizz. It's made for people of mixed heritage, so should smooth you right on out...:yep:

ETA: I do like the silk scarf idea bc it looks like your hair is just a little fuzzy at the roots:blush:. Anyway, just tie a silk scarf on like a bandana at night, get you one in a masculine color (you know like Matthew Mcconaughey wears all the time...:lachen:)

Last edited:
Do you use a leave-in moisturizer? That might help. Sealing with a tiny smidgen of oil like jojoba or coconut on your ends might work too.

Too much serum will weight down your hair type - try using plain filtered water, or water mixed with your favorite gel or Aloe Vera in a fine mist bottle. Spritz your hair and smooth your hands down the length in sections. The water will reactivate the product you used to day before, and a light misting will weigh down any frizzies you have without making your hair greasy. The water will also help keep your hair moisturized, which will help with keeping your ends healthy. If you want you can run a very tiny amt of a cream leave in through your hair for hold, but you probably won't need it.

HTH!

I would say give Fantasia Frizz Buster a try. This stuff works great in humid climates.

Fantasia ic FRIZZ BUSTER Polisher
See the difference instantly as frizzed, heat-damaged hair is transformed to a smooth, resurfaced, shiny, healthy look and feel.
• Protects and strengthens hair preventing further damage
• The ultra-light formula is not oily, greasy or sticky and it is alcohol free
• Gives better style control and manageability

How To Use:
Use after shampooing and conditioning on soaking wet hair (squeeze out excess moisture, but DO NOT TOWEL DRY). Dispense a dime-size amount of serum into palms and smooth through wet hair, distributing evenly. Use more or less depending on the length and texture of hair. DO NOT RINSE OUT. Style as usual.
3982d8ae-65bf-d230-49ea-857eadf3eead.jpg

Back