JUST GOT MY HAIR TEXLAXED!!!!

Monroe Lee

I finally did it! I love it...My hair is now about 50% relaxed. I'll have to post new pics when I wash it next week. It actually looks like I did nothing to my natural hair. Only difference is I don't have as much shrinkage and my hair is uber soft!! :yep: Check out the pics! Before and After!

Attachments

• IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_2593.jpg
    IMG_2593.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2599.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2607.jpg
    IMG_2607.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2615.jpg
    IMG_2615.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 228
another silly post... what is texlaxed?

No, not silly if you don't know!

Texlaxed is when you intentionally under-process your relaxer (by leaving it on for only a couple minutes without smoothing). It gives you the best of both worlds: hair that is easily worn straight, yet curls up when wet. (without excessive shrinkage)....

Oh, how I long for my former texlaxed days :rolleyes: (at the time I didnt even know what it was but it was fabulous! so much versatility :yep:)

very very beautiful!!!
both your natural and texlaxed hair! I'm so glad you're happy with your choice!

No, not silly if you don't know!

Texlaxed is when you intentionally under-process your relaxer (by leaving it on for only a couple minutes without smoothing). It gives you the best of both worlds: hair that is easily worn straight, yet curls up when wet. (without excessive shrinkage)....

Oh, how I long for my former texlaxed days :rolleyes: (at the time I didnt even know what it was but it was fabulous! so much versatility :yep:)

In addition to this, many texlaxers, including myself, add oils or conditioners to the relaxer to help with the resistance of the hair, its health, and to decrease the chance of overprocessing by having more time to thoroughly apply the relaxer to the hair. Texlaxing can also mean thicker & stronger hair than hair that is relaxed "bone straight" (100% relaxed) For more information here is the Texlax Support Thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=131009

I finally did it! I love it...My hair is now about 50% relaxed. I'll have to post new pics when I wash it next week. It actually looks like I did nothing to my natural hair. Only difference is I don't have as much shrinkage and my hair is uber soft!! :yep: Check out the pics! Before and After!

I adore the style! Great job! :yep: Not sure if it was stated or already asked, but what did you use to texlax? And what was your technique?

In addition to this, many texlaxers, including myself, add oils or conditioners to the relaxer to help with the resistance of the hair, its health, and to decrease the chance of overprocessing by having more time to thoroughly apply the relaxer to the hair. Texlaxing can also mean thicker & stronger hair than hair that is relaxed "bone straight" (100% relaxed) For more information here is the Texlax Support Thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=131009

I adore the style! Great job! :yep: Not sure if it was stated or already asked, but what did you use to texlax? And what was your technique?

Thanks! My stylist used Design Essentials and left it on for about 18 minutes.
Now, because this was a virgin process on some really kinky 4b hair the result was just softer hair with way less shrinkage. She said in 4 months when I come in for a retouch we'll be doing it in about 13 minutes to get the same results.
She washed it about 3x with a neutralizing shampoo (She's anal, just like me!) Deep conditioned with a half protein-half moisturizing conditioner, put me under the dryer for 15 minutes to get the product to penetrate, rinsed me out. My hair was nice and fluffy, with very little shrinkage (I struggled with this before) She blew it dry and surprisingly could get it very straight with just the dryer!! Then she gave me a thermal set! It was so bouncy!!

Your hair looks great...

Are you going to post pics of your hair wet with the texlaxed at a later date? I would be interested in seeing what the texture looks like...This may be an option for my daughter ( texlax)

Thanks!

Back