Just got back from the video shoot...

Geminigirl

and I am a little upset my hair is going to be looking a frizzy mess in the video. Today overall was sooooo fun. I met Mr. Hit Dat just like I wanted to. I was sitting next to Treel Lee in the video on the couches. I hope I don't look dumb...oh I hope so lol. I've never been in a video before but I was right THERE.

I was going to be in the second shoot of the video but I was tired. But I had fun. I wanted to be dancing in the video but at least I was next to one of the main people.

This was my first time doing a frohawk and it WAS cute until I hit outside and sat in heat and in a crowded club etc. What can I do about this dang frizz?!? Every style I do frizz into a puff. I mean that's cool sometimes but DANG.

Ok so here are my pics. Oh I have two kids and I forgot to suck all that in so..yea

This is me and Mr. Hit Dat...don't ask why I like him but I do. I love dancing and his energy while he is dancing is off the hook. I can tell he is passionate about it. Plus I love that he loves TX where he is from.
DSC00838.jpg

I kinda threw this outfit together last minute and this shirt was bugging
DSC00837.jpg

Me and Treel Lee
DSC00830.jpg

and me and my frizzy fro hawk
DSC00828.jpg

Someone give me some tips on what to do with this mess.

I use Mango butter and I found my Cantu I oil and add something for hold and plait or cornrow/flattwist and undo in the morning. I have shiny healthy hair in the morning, hours later it looks like above. Today was it for me. Please help.

Last edited:
Your hair looked FANTASTIC- girl please, you look GREAT.

Waiting for frizz tips- I am the queen of frizzy hair

MY GAWD!!!!! may i have your legs please??? i dont have any frizz tips (as i kind of like frizz) but CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME SOME LEG TIPS!!!! jebus take the wheel cause i'mma pass out

Really you like my legs? Thanks!!

My hair just ended up looking dry and dull to me. Maybe if the frizz wasn't so darn dry looking. I am waiting on the tips too.

Mz.MoMo: Squats, Dips, lunges, and calf raises - lots of calf raises will work your legs to beautiful

For the frizz - what about some Sabino moisture block or even a little styling mousse before you use the sabino - then do your braidout or what have you. Try it.

The mousse would have to be an all day hold formula. Tressamme (sp) has a new product out "24 hour"

lol i like chicken too... for dinner, but not for body parts lol.

by the way, what kind of products do you use? may be that will be the key to preventing frizz

Mz.MoMo: Squats, Dips, lunges, and calf raises - lots of calf raises will work your legs to beautiful

For the frizz - what about some Sabino moisture block or even a little styling mousse before you use the sabino - then do your braidout or what have you. Try it.

The mousse would have to be an all day hold formula. Tressamme (sp) has a new product out "24 hour"

what are calf raises??? never mind! off to google! lol

you can do a raise on a machine at the gym, or at home: Stand straight up with holding two weights on either shoulder - then lift your heels off the floor pressing your calves as you roll up onto the ball of your foot (think 5" heel - no platform) hold for 8, release and repeat (over and over)

Gemini: are you usually able to get smooth results and then after you sweat your hair starts to frizz, or does the frizz start as soon as you start styling?

You are very cute and yes those legs... :)

Back to your question, I think the mango butter may be your problem... this product always leaves me with a dry mess ... :(

Gemini: are you usually able to get smooth results and then after you sweat your hair starts to frizz, or does the frizz start as soon as you start styling?

Both sometimes. Sometimes when taking down they frizz a little but by the end of the day it's a cloud. Also sometimes my hair frizzes from sweating but sometimes it just frizzes.

Girl with those legs who cares what the hair looked like...However, the hair was looking great to me as well.....

HA ha thanks.

@MoMo

I am a little PJ but not too bad. I love condtioners and use them a lot. Lately I have been using Suave Humectanct and Skala Avacaodo. I know you may think the Suave may be the cause but this poof, frizz was happening before that.

I mainly use conditioners cheap ones and then Bentonite Clay to cleanse. I also have a Shikakai poo bar. I use Mango Butter or a shea butter mix to moisturize. Any oil between EVOO, JBCO, Safflower,Grapeseed, and Sweet Almond. I think that's it. I wash whenever but never go longer than a week. I don't really have a routine and I try to keep the glycerin type products to a minimum. Hmmm what could it be. Are any of those oils humectants?

Oh yea I forgot you asked about my legs. I was pretty active as a kid playing Softball, basketball and I ran track so I know that helped. My legs have always pretty much looked like that. I think it's genes cause my daughter has some legs on her too. Periodically though I do lunges, squats, DONKEY KICKS, Fire hydrants or whatever they are called, leg raises. Just anything to build up my bottom. I use 20lb ankle weights cause for a while I was trying to plump the rear.

You are very cute and yes those legs... :)

Back to your question, I think the mango butter may be your problem... this product always leaves me with a dry mess ... :(

Say it isn't sooo. My hair doesn't feel dry it just looks dry. I love mando butter for my braidouts. It makes my hair so shiny and healthy looking. I am going to eliminate it for awhile and use up my Cantu and see what happens.

maybe you need a thicker conditioner as a leave in. i know that was my problem. while i liked the way suave left my hair, i was a grazing bush with in minutes. now i use either HE HH or HE LTR. its a lot thicker so it coats my hair better i guess and reduces frizz a lot of me, then i seal with oil.... just maybe

Please share the video link if and when you get it. :)

You looked good BTW.

LOL I am def going to keep checking for it. I will..maybe..if I don't look too bad. The video was for Treel Lee and Prince Rick's new song Fresh Fo Sho. It's an ok song but I've done heard it enough now.

maybe you need a thicker conditioner as a leave in. i know that was my problem. while i liked the way suave left my hair, i was a grazing bush with in minutes. now i use either HE HH or HE LTR. its a lot thicker so it coats my hair better i guess and reduces frizz a lot of me, then i seal with oil.... just maybe

Ok explain what you mean by this. Should I wash then do a leave in then apply my moisturizer then oil then plait it? I really don't do leave in but I will if you think it may help.

Pretty legs, pretty girl, pretty hair. Are these local celebs??

Kinda LOL. They have def had their music on the radio. My favorite is their song "Mr hit dat" here is their
channel

NSFW
http://www.youtube.com/princerick75223

oh and thanks everyone for the compliments!

Last edited:
LOL.....I clicked on that link.....not even thinking and my 8 y/o son was sitting here ...He was like Ohhhhh Mommy....those words are not nice ...I was scrambling for the red x ....

LOL. Ooops sorry tish. Your in Dtown and you never heard of them? You should have known? Are you from dtown or just moved here?

I have been in Dallas for Four years....But No I have never heard of them...But I am sure my husband has...He owns a recording studio here and he loves rap...I don't listen to rap at all

Cute, girl!! When the song comes on the radio, we get too crunk. This is Texas all the way. You looked beautiful!

i was just about to ask the same thing, if they were local artists because I've never heard a song or seen them but I'm in NY so maybe it hasn't trickled down here. I think i'm getting old...that's all I'm gonna say about that.

btw ur hair and legs look beautiful!

Cute, girl!! When the song comes on the radio, we get too crunk. This is Texas all the way. You looked beautiful!

Me 2!!! I love me some HIM

that hairstyle is cute. i want that man to change his rap name LOL. off to youtube

LOL me too kinda. He's like the hype man though. he doesn't rap he does the dancing and I love dtown boogie and jigging. AAYYYEEEE

i was just about to ask the same thing, if they were local artists because I've never heard a song or seen them but I'm in NY so maybe it hasn't trickled down here. I think i'm getting old...that's all I'm gonna say about that.

btw ur hair and legs look beautiful!

My ex stays in MD and said they played the song in the club. You know east coast doesn't really be feeling that southern music. I was raised in TN so I understand it. They may never trickle anywhere because a lot of people think they are stupid and gay...especially the way they dance but I LOVE IT. And i seen him dance like 3 feet away from me.

Thanks again for the compliments.

@tish well if he is in music I am sure he has heard of them. Especially since they have been on the radio out here. and on XM

Ok explain what you mean by this. Should I wash then do a leave in then apply my moisturizer then oil then plait it? I really don't do leave in but I will if you think it may help.

oh, see i cant survive with out leave in lol

but what i do is put my moisturizer in 1st which is watery so i spray it on towel dried hair, then put the conditioner in, then seal with oil (some do the moisturizer, then oil, then leave in) and then you would twist or braid your hair and let it dry. i dont twist my hair though, i just do wng.

i cant say 100% it will work, what works for some doesnt work for all. but its worth a shot you know.

Back