Just For Me Relaxer - Changes Hair Texture?

trinidarkie1

Hola LHCF!!

I've been meaning to start this thread for some time, but I wanted to be sure that this is what was going on first. After two touch ups with J4M REgular Relaxer, the texture of my hair has changed. I'm not upset about it, but I've never had this happen before.

The first touch up was after stretching for 7 months, and the second touch up was after wearing a full weave for 9 weeks.

MY hair now feels and looks coarser, it looks like straight natural hair. The ends in the front and towards the middle of my hair are straight, but the back of my hair is curly. So much so that I could wet and wear and there is a tight curl. It's kinda nice, so I'm not complaining.

Has any one else had this experience. And yes, I made sure that it was a box of relaxer and not texturizer.

I'm confused. Do you mean your new growth texture has changed? How would a relaxer do that?

I used the JFM texturizer and it made my hair coarse and dry feeling. I had to do alot of deep conditioning to combat the dryness.

Is it possible that you texlaxed (underprocessed) your hair?Maybe the relaxer did not process completely in some parts of your hair leaving your hair with more texture in some parts.

JFM is no lye isn't it? Maybe you just need to chelate to get rid of buildup. I personally stay away from no lye relaxers.

My hair isn't dry, thankfully.

Anyway, I'm happy :) I can finally feel my hair when I pull it back, before it felt so whispy, I didn't like it.

Back