Just finished my bottle of Horsetail supplements and....

PocketVenus

thumbs down :(. I've been taking on average 450-900mg a day (1 serving, 1 pill = 450mg). I don't think it helped that much. I haven't been taking as many progress pictures as I should so I don't have any hard evidence, but my new growth looks and feels the same as the rest of my hair and I don't think my hair is growing any faster.
To note, I started using mega-tek before the horsetail and I don't see any additional help from the horsetail.
I also looked at my nail growth just because it's supposed to make nails stronger and less brittle and nothing there either. I'm not going to be repurchasing. I did order MSM - 1mg and have been using for about 2 weeks? and Biotin - 5mg (just ordered) and hopefully these will be better for overall nail and hair health.

Last edited:
Hi PV - When taking vitamins/supplements - it takes around 60-90 days before you see any type of results - This would be the same for the MSM and Biotin...just have to be a little patient and give it time to work...

HTH

Hi PV - When taking vitamins/supplements - it takes around 60-90 days before you see any type of results - This would be the same for the MSM and Biotin...just have to be a little patient and give it time to work...

HTH

Yea. But I've been taking it since January 11th. I've slipped a few times but have been pretty consistent. I just didn't like it, but thanks for the info :yep:.

Wow. I swear by horsetail. I don't know about giving length but they make the hair stronger. Prior to LHCF, whenever my hair would have breakage, I'd start taking horsetail and, at least IMO, my hair was stronger. So, it was a no-brainer for me to incorporate it into my regimine. Sorry you don't feel you received any benefit. Maybe you were looking for the wrong benefits.

Wow. I swear by horsetail. I don't know about giving length but they make the hair stronger. Prior to LHCF, whenever my hair would have breakage, I'd start taking horsetail and, at least IMO, my hair was stronger. So, it was a no-brainer for me to incorporate it into my regimine. Sorry you don't feel you received any benefit. Maybe you were looking for the wrong benefits.

It's the silica - I am taking silica as well and my hair was not only stronger but growing like crazy....

It's the silica - I am taking silica as well and my hair was not only stronger but growing like crazy....

Yep. :yep: Horsetail has the highest concentration of silica of all herbs (plants). I was taking sage and rosemary too. I attributed growth to those. Never considered that horsetail, or the silica therein, contributed to growth. Thanks for that Sqzbly. Your hair looks great, btw!

OP, maybe you're giving up too early. Just sayin.

Back