Just bought Ashanti's weave video!

missnappylady

I'm sooooo excited! :yay::woot::clap::yahoo:I've wanted a weave forever! I tried one about a month ago and took it out within hours of putting it in. I was too embarassed to go out in public because, I think I looked stupid. I'm hoping these videos will help. Has anyone else bought it and is it easy to follow?

BTW: I got the microlace and the perfect weave dvd's (buy one get one free)

I found the same video for FREE online. So I canceled my order. Can't help feeling a bit feel guilty though. :perplexed

Last edited:
I got the microlace dvd awhile back. It was good I just wish that Ashanti would have gone into further details about closing off the weave and also I was familiar with some of his terminology like "plaits", "plates". I finally figured it out though. It's good and the end style was very pretty.

Okay this in interesting. I am trying to watch but isn't every clear is Ashanti twisting the hair rather than braiding it? Or, is he underbraiding?

I've never brought it over even heard of it. I dont even know what microlace is :ohwell: :nono:

POST A PIC WHEN YOU DO IT :yep::yep:

I remeber when you had that weave in (you posted a picture right?) it was soooo pretty to me.

I thought Breslin was the only one w/how to videos after all of my searching.

I've never brought it over even heard of it. I dont even know what microlace is :ohwell: :nono:

POST A PIC WHEN YOU DO IT :yep::yep:

I remeber when you had that weave in (you posted a picture right?) it was soooo pretty to me.

I thought Breslin was the only one w/how to videos after all of my searching.

Thank you Fluffylocks. You're right, I posted a picture after I chickened out and took it off. One of these days I'm going to do my weave and keep it !!

That video was really blurry and doesn't have enough detail for me. I watched that video soooo many times and still didn't understand how he sewed the front of the hair and closed it. How did he do it? Does anyone know any where to find other weave videos/instructions?

Thank you Fluffylocks. You're right, I posted a picture after I chickened out and took it off. One of these days I'm going to do my weave and keep it !!

That video was really blurry and doesn't have enough detail for me. I watched that video soooo many times and still didn't understand how he sewed the front of the hair and closed it. How did he do it? Does anyone know any where to find other weave videos/instructions?

:lachen:Your welcome.

Yeah, it was blurry and when they got to the end it was so close to her head you couldnt even tell what was going on. (and what was he doing in that martial arts outfit? :perplexed:lachen:)

This site has the only other one i've saw.....its toward the bottom called "weaving and braiding step by step"
http://www.videoshelf.com/hair.htm

Then of course Breslins
www.braidsbybreslin.com

They think their slick, end the video at the fine details of closing the top of the weave LOL.

I know you continue to sew in a circular pattern kind of almost overlapping just a tiny bit. The only way I know to close it without see the micro track is to cut some hair and glue it onto the track lol.

:lachen:Your welcome.

Yeah, it was blurry and when they got to the end it was so close to her head you couldnt even tell what was going on. (and what was he doing in that martial arts outfit? :perplexed:lachen:)

This site has the only other one i've saw.....its toward the bottom called "weaving and braiding step by step"
http://www.videoshelf.com/hair.htm

Then of course Breslins
www.braidsbybreslin.com
Yeah! What the heck was that about? :giggle: To think I almost paid $60 for that (and I still don't really get it.)

Last edited:
Yeah! What the heck was that about? :giggle: To think I almost paid $60 for that (and I still don't really get it.)

I purchased Ashante'd DVD from his website and i am very happy. Those video clips you watched (and posted links to) had many parts missing to the actual video from his dvd, that is why you do not get the technique. People always want something for nothing. His actual DVD's are very clear and you can see everything. On the real DVD, Ashante shows you how to do the entire closing as well. It does not end before the closing.

Those of us who bought and invested in his real DVD's from his company are happy, appreciative, and knows he shows everything very clearly. Plus we really got to see all the parts of the official video clearly and the ending with the closing of the weave, and the girl shaking her hair and showing it off and getting into her car and driving off, ( in which was not shown on that unauthorized blurry version you just watched.) That is why you do not get the technique, because you did not buy the official dvd.

Last edited:
I purchased Ashante'd DVD from his website and i am very happy. Those video clips you watched (and posted links to) had many parts missing to the actual video from his dvd, that is why you do not get the technique. People always want something for nothing. His actual DVD's are very clear and you can see everything. On the real DVD, Ashante shows you how to do the entire closing as well. It does not end before the closing.

Those of us who bought and invested in his real DVD's from his company are happy, appreciative, and knows he shows everything very clearly. Plus we really got to see all the parts of the official video clearly and the ending with the closing of the weave, and the girl shaking her hair and showing it off and getting into her car and driving off, ( in which was not shown on that unauthorized blurry version you just watched.) That is why you do not get the technique, because you did not buy the official dvd.

Please post the link to purchase his dvd.

Back