Just a Poll, no serious discussion needed lol--Y are you natural or relaxed?

Why natural, Why relaxed

• Relaxed--Style/Look/Trend

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • Relaxed--Natural wasnt working

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Relaxed--Save Time/Easier

Votes: 50 17.0%
  • Relaxed--Just been this way most of life

Votes: 43 14.6%
  • Natural--Style/Look/Trend

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • Natural--Health/Personal beliefs-decisions

Votes: 86 29.3%
  • Natural--Save time/Money

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Natural--Just been this way most of life

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 28 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fluffylocks

I just really wanted to know for real why everyone was either relaxed or natural...we dont have to discuss why or talk about which one is better

Meant to put under natural that chemicals werent working--dangit. Ohwell

Last edited:
I'm not really fond of straight hair..... It's - boring, really to me, because it just hangs there, or has a little curl in it/on the ends - whereas curly hair - no matter what else it might be, it's never dull!

*waits for more responses*

I decided to go natural because I was tired of the scalp torment/hair breakage I received from the perms.

I voted it's easier and a time saver for me. I was never big on the latest hair styles/trends, so whatever was the easiest that's the route for me.

I'm just learning how to detangle relaxed hair properly and that can take 30 mins with just new growth :sad:

I just got tired of being natural. I've been on both sides of the fence and for me it's pretty much the same. I was going through a faze where I wanted to wear straight hair all the time so I just relaxed. After I meet my relaxed hair goal and get bored, I'll probably BC again and start all over. :rolleyes:

I just got tired of being natural. I've been on both sides of the fence and for me it's pretty much the same. I was going through a faze where I wanted to wear straight hair all the time so I just relaxed. After I meet my relaxed hair goal and get bored, I'll probably BC again and start all over. :rolleyes:

ditto! I'm really into straight styles now. I'm positive I won't relax forever, but I don't plan on going back to natural any time soon.

I just like straight hair better. If I were to be natural I would never wear my hair natural. I would keep it flat ironed or pressed so why not just get a relaxer?

natural hair is soo versatile to me. i can leave it in a fro, straighten it, braid it twist it etc. and its soo much healthier for me. people forget that relaxers are chemicals..being reapplied to your scalp every few months. im sure it cant be good for yoour health.

honestly... i just got bored/frustrated. i started looking into other options and stumbled across natural hair sites. i went into it with the mindset that if i couldn't handle it, i could always go back to chemicals. i ended up better off natural... my hair is easier to handle believe it or not, i enjoy my big coily hair more because even after 3 years it is still "new" to me.

if i ever get bored/frustrated with natural hair, i have no qualms about doing another BC or even relaxing/texlaxing/whatever. i think the most important thing is to have healthy hair that you love and appreciate. :yep:

Natural. I've never been a big fan of straight hair and I don't like the way it looks on me. I look so much better with natural hair. Relaxed hair also required too much upkeep for me.

natural hair is soo versatile to me. i can leave it in a fro, straighten it, braid it twist it etc. and its soo much healthier for me. people forget that relaxers are chemicals..being reapplied to your scalp every few months. im sure it cant be good for yoour health.

Cosign.....................

I voted: Other, specifically just to see what it's like, since I didn't have all the options available to me as a child before I got relaxed. Also to see what my natural hair would be like, since there's more info on how to care for and style it, but so far I'm loving it!:grin:

natural because.... i had no reason to continue relaxing.... plus being natural is a breeze, wash my hair everyday and go. 5 mins and im done what could be easier than that?

natural because 1. I would only wear my hair in ponytails or a bun so I didn't see the purpose in relaxing. and then 2. got a nice quarter size baldy from the last relaxer.

I wont lie I prefer straight hair on me and think about texlaxing daily.

I'm relaxed because its easier and quicker. I can exercise, get my hair wet whenever, and wash and go with minimum tangles. The only real problem I've had has been dryness, but I had that when I was natural too.

For me relaxers chewed up my hair and scalp. I never achieved past SL with them.

I also worried about the chemical impact on my health. I read this book called "for Colored Girls...." I can't remember the rest of the title, but it was a turning point for me almost 6 years ago.

Im natural but I wear my hair straight . I go to the salon every two weeks and get my hair deep conditioned blown and flat ironed. I think that when you do that and have a relaxer that is double damage to your hair.....

I was curious about my natural texture, plus as a college student I was tired of spending time and money to get it relaxed. When I moved recently to a new area, I was SO glad that I didn't immediately have to start looking for a beautician.

I'm transitioning from texturized. I'm transitioning because I believe I will have more options with natural hair and that my hair will be healthier, easier to care for and better able to retain length.

well i put ive been natural for most of my life. for the 17 years of my life 16 i have been natural. its never been this short before though. When i texturized it didnt feel right but it felt so easy to comb. now i know i just need the right products and ill be good on my natural route:yawn:

i have been natural ALL my life and want to stay that way! i love the fact i can wear my hair curly or straight. it changes my look and i still get a handful of compliments in either style :grin:

Back