Jus took braids out, now what? HELP!!!

ocean74

Hello ladies, I'd like to know if any of you could suggest ANYTHING I can do to my hair since I've taken down my braids after 2 months... I have a lot of new growth and I do have some noticeable gray hair.

I'm really tring to hold off on getting a relaxer, but I'd like to cover the gray strings of hair. Will you ladies pleeeeeease shed some light on what my next step should be.

I was thinking color my hair (i have some blonde that I am TIRED of looking at:wallbash:) and do a twist out.

Thanks in advance ladies.

i would first thoroughly comb my hair (take about an hour). then wash, deep condition, and after the deep condition, rinse out hair, then apply a hair rinse, then deep condition again.

thats what i always do. i rinse my hair black whnever i take out the braids. then in about a week after taking out the braids, i relax my hair. always worked for me. hth!

i would first thoroughly comb my hair (take about an hour). then wash, deep condition, and after the deep condition, rinse out hair, then apply a hair rinse, then deep condition again.

thats what i always do. i rinse my hair black whnever i take out the braids. then in about a week after taking out the braids, i relax my hair. always worked for me. hth!

Thanks TSTurnbu...Will the rinse work even ifI have some blonde spots? What do you think about a permanent color?

Will a twist/braid out work on my hair with alot of new growth?

Sounds like a plan to me! I'd definitely do as Tsturnbu suggested. I'd not be in a hurry to relax. Gentle handling and great deep conditioning before relaxing sounds about right. You want to be sure your hair has adjusted to the 'freedom' of air flow then relax. I suggest a henna then an indigo color to cover your platinum strands....I really love platinum hair but I refuse to let it be so until I have at least a majority of platinum hair growth. I cannot stand the sparse platinum growth as it does age and date one but once my hair is mostly platinum then it is on...such a beautiful look when it is fully platinum/silver...I envy women with that platinum. long hair.

Don't get a permanent color if you know that you will be getting a relaxer. Never relax after a color, but you can color after you relax. The reason that you can't relax after you color is because the relaxer will literally strip away the color, and then you'd have to re-do it. (Think of all the damage those chemicals would do!!:blush:) . Also, rememeber to wait at least 2 weeks after you relax to do your color....if you decide to do the permanenent one. I agree with both tsturnbu and BrooklynSouth. Either a rinse or henna is fine, but like I siad, I would stear away from a permanent color until at least 2 weeks after the relax is done. HTH

Back