June 4, 5, & 6 -- What Are Your Hair Plans ????

JJamiah

Happy Thursday Ladies,

It is hot, muggy and sweltering :blush:

I washed my beehive braid with HO OO and got under the steamer with Aphogee 2 Minute/SSI BB for 30 minutes. I am 18 weeks post relaxer this week :D I will rocking the Elise this week!

So LHCF What are your Hair Plans????

Thanks Idare :)

Take down my micros on Friday and Saturday (that won't be fun at all!). Then on Sunday deep condition and wash my hair and then do two strand twist in a bun.

Happy Thursday Ladies,

It is hot, muggy and sweltering :blush:

I washed my beehive braid with HO OO and got under the steamer with Aphogee 2 Minute/SSI BB for 30 minutes. I am 18 weeks post relaxer this week :D I will rocking the Elise this week!

So LHCF What are your Hair Plans????

Thanks Idare :)

Hi, I just had to nod my head in agreement if you're talking about the FreeTress Lace Front synthetic wig called "Elise!" I have that one as well, and I'm on my way to FL for the weekend 2morr, so I thought about pulling her out. My good friend said I should wear it, but I'm worried I will be too hot under a wig with all my thick hair. I still dont know if I will succumb to rocking a wig in this southern heat just to not be bothered with my hair, but if not, I will wear my traditional bun with the hair gelled down! No hair plans except to look presentable and keep the humidity from doing too much damage if I rock my own hair! lol :grin:

ETA: I see you're from Piscataway, NJ, and I have Piscataway ancestry in my family...that name for the city came from REAL Native Americans!

Last edited:
:grin:Tommorrow:

1) Co-Wash with Alba Botanica Rainforest Cupuacu Deep Hydration Conditioner w/Jojoba Oil & Coco Butter

2) Reconstruct with Paul Brown Hawaii Reconstructor with Kukui Nut Oil & Natural Lipids

3) DC under Steamer Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment

4) Vial of Matrix Ceramides

5) PC as Final Rinse *currently using Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Conditioner*

6) BBD Stretch Leave In & Dry under Dryer

well i know tomorrow and Saturday i will be co washing and just using a leave in and oil and doing a puff.
sunday is the day i normally do treatments but i dont know this weekend. i might do a hot oil treatment with a mix of coconut oil, grapseed oil and evoo and then co wash and thats it. i deep conditioned today so im in no need or rush to do it again.

Hi, I just had to nod my head in agreement if you're talking about the FreeTress Lace Front synthetic wig called "Elise!" I have that one as well, and I'm on my way to FL for the weekend 2morr, so I thought about pulling her out. My good friend said I should wear it, but I'm worried I will be too hot under a wig with all my thick hair. I still dont know if I will succumb to rocking a wig in this southern heat just to not be bothered with my hair, but if not, I will wear my traditional bun with the hair gelled down! No hair plans except to look presentable and keep the humidity from doing too much damage if I rock my own hair! lol :grin:

ETA: I see you're from Piscataway, NJ, and I have Piscataway ancestry in my family...that name for the city came from REAL Native Americans!
:yep::yep::yep: That is HER! I have my hair braided in a BeeHive and it is pretty decent. :)

Yeah I live in Piscataway, If your in town please give me a holla!

I'm going to deep condition my hair tomorrow and do twists. I figured by the 6th I'll do a twist-out.

Happy Thursday!

Tomorrow I will be getting my relaxer. I am 4 mos post and kinda nervous. I will be looking for half-wigs once I leave the salon. I chose that as my PS for the summer. Wish me luck. LOL! I've never worn one before but seen a lot of great tutorials on YouTube and got great tips from the ladies here as well. I also plan on picking up some haircare products. I'm almost as excited about going to the BSS than I am when I go shoe shopping! :grin:

I will be relaxing tomorrow at 7 weeks post. Me and DH are having a party this weekend and I want to look cute. After the weekend, I will DC and go back to PS.

wash day w/
Gro-Aut Shampoo
CoN Shampoo
UBH Deep Conditioner
VO5 Conditioner

and airdry in a ponytail...

so lame but it is really hot up here.

ETA: I need to straighten my hair so I can post updates for the APL By Dec 2010 challenge

Last edited:
I will be juicin' my hair up with this:
texasbeautysupplycom_2106_90782331

...and then stylin' it like this:
ogmf75.jpg

Yesterday night, I gave my braids a really good cleaning with ORS Aloe Rid. Then I DC'd with ORS Replenishing pak. I don't know what it is about this conditioner and my extensions- but it makes my hair underneath the braids soooooo soft.

Anyway, on 6/4,5, 6 I will be rebraiding the front and the back for a June freshen up. I will moisturize each section with Herbal Esseances LTR Leave In and seal with sweet almond oil. I am going on my third month in box braids- I better be retaining somethin'!

I'll be 15 weeks post this Saturday and thought I'd be relaxing but things are still really manageable (I have my stretching techniques down now). Soooooo:

- Pre poo with Aubrey Organics GPB
- Shampoo with Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (2x)
- Steam for an hr with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner mixed with avocado oil, kukui nut oil and JBCO
- Airdry using the following leave-ins: Matrix Biolage Daily Leave-in Tonic, HE LTR leave-in, Redken Anti-Snap and Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir
- Wear flexirod set all weekend, then protective style (baggying my hair under beanies that I ordered from crochetlove.net with my bangs out) till Wednesday and braidout till next wash Saturday

Tomorrow I'm taking my sew in out and giving my hair a good wash and condition... I'll probably rollerset and flat iron my roots (26 wks post) and wear a ponytail next week...

Im in one week old individuals w/o weave. im keeping these in 2-3 more weeks. Im going to conditon my hair with Mill Creeks Biotin Conditioner. Then follow up with Suave Humectant, then leave in a dap of giovanni direct.

I took down my weave and i am very happy i did since it is so hot. I pre-pooed for the first timed, washed and deep conditioned.Then rollerset and dried for 30 mins.

Tomorrow I'm taking my sew in out and giving my hair a good wash and condition... I'll probably rollerset and flat iron my roots (26 wks post) and wear a ponytail next week...

I can't rollerset once I have TOO much NG. Wow @ you being able to still do it at 26 weeks post!

I'm going to "TRY" to take my sew-in out Sunday or Monday. The 17th will be 3 months since I've had it in. I'm going to give my hair a week break then get a curly sew-in about 2 weeks from today.

i so wanna take this weave down. i'm 2 years post... (haven't had a relaxer since 2008 and I've been wearing weaves back to back). however, i don't know what to do with all of this hair after it is out :ohwell:

i think i need a weave patch....

my name is thatjerseygirl and imma weaveaholic...

*walks off stage*

I'm gonna wash with Indian powders and oil mix today, DC and let it airdry overnight. I'm gonna curl it with cold wave rods tomorrow. I used flexi rods last week but my hair just isn't long enough for full head curling. It wasn't too bad, though.

i so wanna take this weave down. i'm 2 years post... (haven't had a relaxer since 2008 and I've been wearing weaves back to back). however, i don't know what to do with all of this hair after it is out :ohwell:

i think i need a weave patch....

my name is thatjerseygirl and imma weaveaholic...

*walks off stage*

:lachen: :lachen: I bet you got something serious going on under that weave. Girl go get a Dominican blowout and show us all of your progress!

Pooh bear,my hair wants to be like yours when it grows up! :drool:

this weekend, i am giving up on these twists and taking them down! :wallbash: i thought big kinkies would be the the ultimate protective style but alas, they look ancient after just three weeks (and one retouch :sad:)

i'm DCing with olive oil organix and blow drying for the weekend. im so nervous, I have an event to attend this weekend and I have no idea how to style my natural hair. :\

Well i'm just gonna wash, condition, airdry and flat iron. The same thing i do every two weeks. The only thing that's different is using my new shampoo from Avon.

Well, I just co-washed my hair last night and styled it in a strawler set. That is the style I will be wearing today through Sunday while section twisting overnight. Then I will shampoo, DC, and flat two strand twist my hair Sunday night with a leave-in conditioner along with DE Silk Essentials and Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue. I usually sit under the dryer for about an hour and a half to two hours to dry my hair 95% and then airdry overnight.

Today I will
Wash my hair with CV Ayurvedic bar
Oil Rinse w/ Rice Bran Oil
Detangle
Do amla treatment
Massage with castor oil
Deep condition w/ Sitrinillah
Try Silk wrap

Back