June 2017: Hits & Misses

I already said this was a hit but I really think everyone should try this.

04_1_large.jpg

Hit
The way wash day flows with everything in one cabinet at arms reach. Sooooooooo nice. Why wasn't I doing this earlier, when I first got the cabinet installed?

Miss
Making a first-time purchase from Etsy's anjeupendo on May 17th and not seeing ANY MOVEMENT until June 1st . . . aaaaaaaaaand that movement saying "In Transit On May 31, 2017." It's not looking as if I can replace my Shea Moisture body and face care products with this vendor's products. It's all good: I probably need to be investing in The Ordinary ____ (whatever it's called) brand of face care, anyway.

anjeupendo_slow_shipping_movement.png

First impression, exciting hit:

J.R. Liggett's Moisturizing Shampoo Bar (I ordered samples from here).

This performs almost EXACTLY like the 22nd Century Shampoo Bar, except it's not oily and it leaves the hair springier.

I am so elated: I can get this on the ground half an hour away, and I will not be needing to order the 22CSB.​

Hit:

Anjepuendo's Pure Luv Coconut Soap from here at Etsy. It's large, and I feel like I have lotion on post-shower! I literally need no lotion. The ingredients are the bomb.​

Miss:

Anjepuendo's shipping/service. She was really communicative and sweet and upfront about it, and there apparently was a reason, but the products shipped VERY late. I imagine I'll purchase again, and then I'll see how shipping fares. :smile:

Hit:

Verb Ghost oil. Going to buy a full bottle.

Miss: Rahua omega 9 hair mask. This didn't make my hair any softer, stronger feeling than usual. Not worth $58 for a 7oz.
Sephora Play? I have samples of these but have yet to try them. How does the ghost oil smell? I haven't removed the seal just in case I decide to swap it

Super Hits!

*Homemade flaxseed gel. Hit on both wet and dry hair.

*Using my homemade body balm that I made specifically for my face, lips and body on my hair. It's as easy to make as 1-2-3! Throw a few butters/oils in a mason jar on top of my candle warmer to melt, let them cool until solid again...and enjoy. No messy whipping. I'll never whip a butter again! It all melts down to a liquid anyway once you emulsify and rub it in.

image.jpg

I've been going to town on this one!

image.jpg

My body and hair is in moisture and smell good heaven. I scented it with pink grapefruit & tangerine EO's. :drool:

Continued Hit:
Hairveda's Methi Step 2 :drool:(for Cowashing)

Hi, @IDareT'sHair. I tried going to the site to check out this product but didn't see it. I must be searching incorrectly. Do you mind providing a link to the product?

I know you said it's great for cowashing. Is it the type of product to just sink into your hair and soften it? Do you think it might also be good for steaming? What's it smell like, and what are the ingredients?

Thank you for any help.

Hits
- Design Essentials Natural Almond and Avocado Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- The Mane Choice Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Oil
- The Mane Choice Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Split End Treatment Serum
- Eco Styler Coconut Gel
- ORS Naturals Hydrating Hair Butter
- Luster Pink Shea Butter and Coconut Edge Tamer

Revisited Hits
- Nu Gro Spray Moisturizer
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Cowash
- Pantene Truly Natural Clarifying Shampoo: I'm so annoyed that this has been discontinued and reformulated!! I know some stores near me that still have some bottles in stock so I plan to stock up
- AphoGee Two Minute Reconstructor

On the Fence
- Design Essentials Natural Honey and Shea Edge Tamer
- The Mane Choice Laid Back Effortlessly Stimulating Edge Control

Last edited:
Hits
Majabringaraj, Neem & hemp oils
Philosophy Birthday Cake hair bath and body gel - very gentle cleanser
Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
Sheamoisture Kids Coconut Hibiscus butter cream mixed with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment - gives me moisturized, springy, frizz-free twists

Miss
Alaffia Beautiful Curls Shea Butter Curl Reviving Tonic - The magnesium sulfate made my ends brittle, strands coated & dry. I had to wash this out

Continued Hit:
Hairveda's Methi Step 2 :drool:(for Cowashing)

Hi, @IDareT'sHair. I tried going to the site to check out this product but didn't see it. I must be searching incorrectly. Do you mind providing a link to the product?

I know you said it's great for cowashing. Is it the type of product to just sink into your hair and soften it? Do you think it might also be good for steaming? What's it smell like, and what are the ingredients?

Thank you for any help.

Back