July 2024 Hits Misses or On The Fence?

Hits
Kerastase cicaextreme shampoo- loved this. The formula is more of a balm so it reminds me of the balm used for double cleansing on the face. I have to try it again but easily the most moisturizing shampoo while still feeling clean
Moroccanoil repair mask - used for the second time and loved it. The first time I felt it made my hair feel straw like but it might be a product combo issue. I’m definitely glad I tried it again.

Misses
Kerastase cicaextreme deep conditioner- used once on relaxer day and didn’t like it. Hair did not feel moisturized but I need to try on a regular wash day. Very disappointed first time considering the shampoo was incredibly moisturizing.

Kerastase Discipline deep conditioner - didn’t feel amazing on my first try- not sure if I just used the wrong product combo or what but I really hope my next use it performs better (especially for the money).

On the fence about this recent relaxer. I can't relax any straighter because I'm concerned about the integrity of my hair strands. It kinda doesn't look like I did anything. I think the half and half method doesn't work anymore for my hair. Gotta find a different way. Maybe my hair has gotten too long and thick.

Hit
Saffiyahbotanicals
Shea leave-in. Feels wonderful on my hair. This formula is thick and creamy.

Herbexture Detangling Conditioner I used as a co wash. Made my hair very soft.

Cacao vanilla recovery latte. Great slip and moisture.

I bought sample sizes because over the years, the consistency of the products has changed. This time they are perfect.

Last edited:
Mega Miss
Sarenzo Hyaluronic leave-in, mist , conditioner and jelly.

Not for my hair type. Everything makes my hair hard and tangled. On the plus side, the slip on all of the products is off the chain.

The jelly gave me a stringy wash n go. No clumping. The leave-in doesn't work on my wet hair only dry hair, somewhat. Maybe its the high pH. I'll add ACV to the products. Otherwise moving on...

HIT:
Amika Hydro Rush Intense Moisture Mask
Hair Steamer
Design Essentials Agave & Lavender Conditioner

MISS:
Living Proof Flex Hairspray (Didn’t hold my curls)

Mega Miss
Sarenzo Hyaluronic leave-in, mist , conditioner and jelly.

Not for my hair type. Everything makes my hair hard and tangled. On the plus side, the slip on all of the products is off the chain.

The jelly gave me a stringy wash n go. No clumping. The leave-in doesn't work on my wet hair only dry hair, somewhat. Maybe its the high pH. I'll add ACV to the products. Otherwise moving on...
Update: I had to rewash my hair. My hair was a hard stringy mess. Threw the jelly away. I'll use the conditioner as a pre-poo.

I rewashed with Inahsi Moisture Shampoo and conditioned with Saffiyahbotanicals Banana Moisture Conditioner. Twisted with the Cacao latte. Hair feels normal again

Back