Joico Kpak Intense Hydrating Conditioner

FemmeFatale

So is this really considered a moisturizing conditioner? The ingredients has so many peptides, keratin and proteins listed but it def moisturizes and softens my texlaxed hair. I’m confused and wondering if using this twice a week is too much.

So is this really considered a moisturizing conditioner? The ingredients has so many peptides, keratin and proteins listed but it def moisturizes and softens my texlaxed hair. I’m confused and wondering if using this twice a week is too much.

I’m texlaxed as well and I have that conditioner. The first two times I used it after using the K-Pak Reconstructor, it did not feel moisturizing to me. From then on I’ve only used it mixed with the reconstructor as a more mild protein tx. I wouldn’t feel comfortable using it multiple times per week as my primary moisturizing DC.

I’m texlaxed as well and I have that conditioner. The first two times I used it after using the K-Pak Reconstructor, it did not feel moisturizing to me. From then on I’ve only used it mixed with the reconstructor as a more mild protein tx. I wouldn’t feel comfortable using it multiple times per week as my primary moisturizing DC.

That’s what I did, I used it post touch up after using the joico reconstructor and neutralizing..it was moisturizing and detangling so I thought nothing of it.

Then I washed my hair again two days later and read the ingredients and saw so much protein in the ingredients.

Lol, after my relaxer was when I realized that it wasn’t very moisturizing. I’ve used that “fizzle” mix (conditioner + amino acids + baking soda) after relaxing and using the joico reconstructor and my hair felt like butter so I was disappointed when the “rehydrator” left my hair still feeling strong.

I just purchased the Motions moisturizing conditioner that I’m going to try as a comparison when I relax next month.

@IDareT'sHair

Thanks so much for that! I just used them again today and I think you're right. The hydrator feels more like a balanced conditioner on my head (moisture with some protein like the ORS conditioning pak or even the old Motions CPR).

@FemmeFatale

Sorry, yesterday I was responding while trying to put my little one down for nap so I don't think I even answered your question. :blush2:
It seems like your hair responds very well to the hydrator. Maybe you can get away with using it twice a week. Do you have any other moisture in your regi? Like, do you M&S nightly? Maybe that can counteract any extra protein you may get from it.

@MzSwift
Glad I could help.:hug2:

Yep, I was always under the impression the K-Pak Line was the strengthening arm and the Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm and Lotion was the Moisturizing arm of the line.

Back