Joico K-pak recontructor

sweetcashew said:
The only thing I've noticed about Joico K-pak recon. is that the formula has changed 3 times in the 6 years I've been using it. I have no idea why they would do that. But it still works great for me.
Well maybe that is why I stopped using it....I used to swear by this before hair boards, then I tried a leave in k-pak foam and I hated it...the regular k-pak was no longer good for my hair, either. But I must say I didn't have those little bits and snips of hair all over the floor back then....but then my hair never grew past right above armpit either.

Smells sooooo good.:)

I just saw this thread in a search...

From what I've been reading on their site, Joico is all a/b updating their products every so often. Like, if they can find a more efficient way to get all the good stuff inside of the hair strand, they will...Cuz now they have that Quadramine Complex or whatever now, apparently the protein cocktail they used before is old news, and they found a new way to reconstuctor the inner hair shaft. It shows how science geek they (and I, cuz I found this info out, lol!) can be.

HTH:)

ETA: I have to admit that the 1st couple of times I used Joico, I wasn't so sure it would be a keeper, but the more I used it, the better my hair looked and felt. So it's one of those lines that addresses the overall status of your hair and takes time to see the progress/results, I guess depending on how damaged or dry (or whatever!) you hair is to begin w/. There's so much damage in our strands that we cannot see sometimes, you know?

Ok, I'm done :look:

ETA: Here's the R&D explanation behind the changes at Joico:
http://www.joico.com/html/np_about_joico_history.php
http://www.joico.com/html/np_products_science.php

Last edited:
artemis_e. said:
ETA: I have to admit that the 1st couple of times I used Joico, I wasn't so sure it would be a keeper, but the more I used it, the better my hair looked and felt. So it's one of those lines that addresses the overall status of your hair and takes time to see the progress/results, I guess depending on how damaged or dry (or whatever!) you hair is to begin w/. There's so much damage in our strands that we cannot see sometimes, you know?

Ok, I'm done :look:

Same thing happen to me. I noticed that they changed all the time and the products are somewhat pricey but I never knew why. We are paying for research and development.

Cichelle said:
I love Joico, but I seriously cannot afford to use their products regularly.

It is best to buy Joico at Trade Secrets when it is on sale. It was on sale 2 one liter bottles for $30. IMO, that is an excellent price for a higher end product.

($15 for 33.8 ounces of conditioner. That is almost like buying two of the Dominican 16 oz. conditioners)

ITA. Ulta and Trade Secret always have a sale that includes something from Joico. I'll definitely take advantage of that once I am ready to use their line exclusively (trying to use up all my other stuff first).

Back