JOICO K-PAK OR AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY

JOICK K PAK OR AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY

• Total voters

MRJ1972

Which do you think is best?

I am planning to incorporate one of these into rotation to help nurse my hair back to health, after damage from micro braids and sew in weaves....

By the way, I am 4b fine/thin relaxed....

Overall i think K-pak is better. Aveda DR is good, but I find it helpful for styling purposes.

I think K-pak ove time will give you more. And you get more for your $$.

Hi

I have fine hair and I am relaxed as well - I use the Joico K-Pak Liquid Leave In Reconstructor as opposed to the regular Joico K-Pak - I am not knocking the rinse out condish it is just that I already had so many reconstructors - i.e. Tigi Dumb Blonde, Aphogee 2 minute, Keraphix, etc. I decided to purchase the leave in and I am so glad I did - this stuff is great and does not weigh down my hair. I use it after I do any type of deep conditioning

:arrowup: I need to get some K-Pak leave in, thanks for reminding me :up:

ETA: I voted JOICO hands down...

Last edited:
I've used both Aveda and Joico ... and Joico wins hands down. I don't know what took me so long to try it because it sure is great!!

aveda sucked for my hair. it made it feel stripped and that was the conditioner lol. joico is the bomb

I have use both brands including the whole line and Joico seems to be more moisturizing than Aveda.

K-pak saved me and my moms hair from over-moisturization. I've never tried Aveda, but I dont want to now that I have this in my life!

Hi

I have fine hair and I am relaxed as well - I use the Joico K-Pak Liquid Leave In Reconstructor as opposed to the regular Joico K-Pak - I am not knocking the rinse out condish it is just that I already had so many reconstructors - i.e. Tigi Dumb Blonde, Aphogee 2 minute, Keraphix, etc. I decided to purchase the leave in and I am so glad I did - this stuff is great and does not weigh down my hair. I use it after I do any type of deep conditioning

Can the spray be used as a leave in for roller sets? TIA

I liked them both but i prefer joico - NOT b/c of performance (they are both very good IMO) but b/c it smells better - lol. I would stick to just joico, but i was trying to use more 'natural' things so i've been alternating.

Aveda Damage remedy hands down, if you're looking to improve the health of your hair. Joico just can't compare, even though KPak is a really good line.

but if you're just looking to have smooth hair for styling purposes, go with the kPak. it's got good ingredients, but I prefer Aveda :yep:

I have the Aveda Scalp Benefits Conditioner, but haven't used that yet. I use to use the Brilliante Back in the Day.

Well stocked tho' in every Joico!:blush:

I have been pleased with the ADR however, I have found that even though their product states that is is a strong protien, it feels more like a moisturizer that can be used as a follow up to a harder protien.. The K-Pack did not do much for my hair.

I just purchased the entire line of Joico K-Pak products (pricey!) and can't wait to try it. A stylist in LA used the products on my hair and it turned out very lovely. :yep:

Just purchased some joico the other day frm Ulta. they had a lot of breast cancer awareness and "go pink" specials going on with this line and others so I decided to take advantage of it.

Back