Joico K-Pak; are folowing directions important??

ttlayli

:lachen:

Yes, I know this a dumb question! But, I'm really confused!

Usually I NEVER follow directions! I leave conditioners on for HOURS sometimes!

I only follow directions when i used Aphogee Protein Treatment.

i know that Joico K-Pak recon. is a protein treatment, but I guess i look at as a deep conditioner; So do I HAVE to leave it on for only 5 minutes?? With no heat??

Is it bad to leave it on for 45 minutes, with a cap and heat??

Joico isn't really a watered down type of line,it does what it says its going to do so I always follow their suggestions.Just my 2 cents...

Joico isn't really a watered down type of line,it does what it says its going to do so I always follow their suggestions.Just my 2 cents...

Okay thanks! This is my first time using any of their products, so I just wanted to make sure!

:yep: Plus it is designed to work for 5 minutes. They say that if you want more benefits you should rinse it out and reapply it for an additional 5 minutes. Most heads aren't going to need this right away though.

Use it for the 5. If a product is good, you shouldn't need to keep it on all day. Good luck .

Last edited:
^^How is it designed to work for 5 mins?

Why do certain treatments need 20 mins vs. 5 mins? Is it the ingredients?

The emolients? Some emolients take longer to penetrate than others?

^^How is it designed to work for 5 mins?

Why do certain treatments need 20 mins vs. 5 mins? Is it the ingredients?

The emolients? Some emolients take longer to penetrate than others?

In a nutshell in this case its the products charge. When you are dealing with ionically charged proteins, the charge of your hair helps activate the product. That on top of the usual suspects...molecular weight, over formula (ratio of emollients:humectants: proteins: occlusive agents), the goal of the product...all of that goes in determining ideal product time.

Last edited:
^^ So it isnt any more beneficial to leave a product on my hair for more than the stated time?

Whether i wait 5 minutes or 55 minutes, my hair would've recieved the same benefits either way?

^^ So it isnt any more beneficial to leave a product on my hair for more than the stated time?

Whether i wait 5 minutes or 55 minutes, my hair would've recieved the same benefits either way?

It really depends on the product but in general some of the super long conditioning really doesn't help, in some cases it hurts.

Thanks for the help ladies! Thank gosh I asked you guys! I NEVER follow directions, but thankfully I now know to do that while using this product! :grin:

It really depends on the product but in general some of the super long conditioning really doesn't help, in some cases it hurts.

This is interesting. Is there a thread on this?

Why are we conditioning our heads for 8 hrs at a time or pre-pooing overnight when the product has already done its job in 20 minutes?

This is interesting. Is there a thread on this?

Why are we conditioning our heads for 8 hrs at a time or pre-pooing overnight when the product has already done its job in 20 minutes?

There really isn't one. Well, maybe in the archives.

I will pm you.

Last week I feel asleep with it in my head for over 2 hours and I still have hair. I wouldn't do that again, but it did not lead to a setback or anything. Just meant a little more moisture to get things back to normal. Hair actually felt super strong!

Me too, I have the GVP and wwould like to know. I aint using it til someone tells me something LOL.

Back