Joico K-Pak and Megatek

toinette

Tricking the president
I just recently bought some the creamy reconstructor and the K-Pak conditioner. I have decided to buy Megatek on Friday as I need help with my edges and thickness in general. I read in one thread that when you use Megatek you should stop using all other protein products but in other posts I see people who I know use Joico products rave about MT so they seem to be using both products at the same time. So whats the deal?

When I used Megatek last year, I continued to use my protein weekly. But I only used Megatek applied directly on my scalp daily so my length didn't get the protein. I used APhogee Reconstructor weekly as well as Profectiv mega growth daily as a moisturizer. I never had any issues with protein overload whatsoever. I was dealing with chemical and heat damage at the time so my hair loved the protein. Everyone is different though.

I agree with the above. When I was using Mega Tek, I was sure to do my Aphogee 2 minute every week because the hair strands still need protein or you might experience some breakage.

thank you laides. I only plan on using it mixed with some JBCO on my scalp and not on my hair. So I guess I'll stick with my K-Pak products :)

Back