Jilbere Titanuim/ceramic Flat Iron???

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
Hello ladies the shopping bug bit me. I was supposed to be buying some shears (my regular scissors were causing splits) and i ended up buying
this Jilbere Titanium flat iron. it is 2.5 in wide a little big for my liking but
the 1in I found is a bit narrow(shout out to nubianqueen thanx again)
Does anyone have any experience with this the box says
ceramic heater retains extreme heat(scary) extreme hardness and negative ion release and it gets up to 450 with 40 different heat settings

Any opinions?

I have the Jilbere porcelian ceramic Flat Iron, when I went to purchase it at Sallys I asked the black sales rep there her opinion of the Jilbere series. I had picked up the Jilbere Titanium and she told me that she had a lot of returns on this particular one. The one she suggested was the porcelian series, she said most people prefered it. I purchased it around October 2004. I flat iron my hair once a week, I don't bump it or anything after the inital flat iron. It does a great job at getting my hair straight even at 14 weeks post relaxer. The major drawback that I have found that upon inspection last week when I flat ironed some of the ceramic coating had rubbed off. I had done reviews on all of the flat irons and the reviews for the Jilbere said this would not happen. Well it did. I will not be flat ironing again until I bring this one back to the store to get another one. If they do not except it back then I will probably look into purchasing a Chi. But for $37, I got it on sale, I can't pass up a deal. But I won't be paying $37 if I can't keep returning it when and if the coating comes off again.

OT- Does anyone know where I can get a 1" Chi for less than $90 , I tried for a long time to win off ebay with no luck.

I've never used a flat iron, but I'm traveling this weekend and forgot my ceramic Conair curling iron that gives me the same results as a flat iron.

Anyway, I went to Sally and bought the Jilbere Porcelain Ceramic (1 1/2"). It heats up to 200 degrees C, 392 degrees F with 30 heat settings. There was another one that went up to 400 degrees, but that scared the heck out of me so I got the lower heat one.

I used it last night and the results came out fabulous!! I think it has less damaging heat effects than other irons (I used to use Gold N Hot and I think it was more damaging to my hair because it got so hot). When I used the Jilbere iron, I used it on setting #20, and I did my hair in big sections only leaving the iron on for a couple of seconds. It gave it a nice "bump" and I loved teh results. I think I like it better than my Conair one because the barrel seems larger. I'd love to understand the ceramic/porcelain technology better though- might have to do some research on it soon!

SG

So you can return electronics to Sally's after 90 days even if you have used them.

The numbers on the dial of ceramic curling iron rubbed off after three uses. Can I return it?

karezone said:
So you can return electronics to Sally's after 90 days even if you have used them.

The numbers on the dial of ceramic curling iron rubbed off after three uses. Can I return it?

I just looked at my receipt and it says they can be returned within 90 days with a receipt.

I would still try, or contact the manufacturer directly.

One of my fellow cosmetolgy students and I use the Jilbere Titanium with great results every time. I had one client who specifically asked if I had a CHI iron. I told her that I don't and used the Jilbere to flat iron her very thick hair. She was very pleased with the results. I would recommend it.

Back