Jheri Juice Retention

dyh080

People used to say curly perms made their hair grow longer than ever but we all know it was the juice that caused retention.
Just curious.....did you or anyone you know use the same products/routines on natural hair or relaxed hair and get the same resulting length retention.
In other words , treat hair as if you had a curly perm( if you can stand the grease) and acheive the same results?

^^^ I don't think you need the grease. Just the moisture hence why wet bunning works. You could achieve the same results by using a light "leave in" which would keep your hair moisturised and thereby alleviate breakage and keep your hair and scalp nourished.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

lllloooll ahahahahahahahahaahah,

<--bout to choke on hotdog, myfreind you knowwwwwwww mee so well:lachen::grin:.

when i saw the title, i was like :reddancer:"here i gooo"

all i have to say is, i went from SL to WL with jerri juice, i love jerri juices, i live by the juice, i die by the juice:yep:

What did you use, exactly? How long did it take you to go to SL to WL?

i apply sometime moring and nite on all my length, if i didnt have the juice i dont know where my hair would be. i picked up my first bottle of care free curl 3years ago and never looked back, my hair does not break and i never have to worry about protein overload becuase myhair is so moisturized, not wet.

when i purchased my first bottle i truely "let my soul glow" hahaha

it took me 2.5 years to get to WL

i would also like to add. it dont matter if your relaxed or natural, you can use these products just the same, you will retain length.

i loved it on my natural hair and now that im texlaxed i still love it the same. i retain every inch of hair that grows out. just give it a try

^^^I was thinking about picking me up a bottle since you are always singing the praises of the juice. So maybe I'll give it a try next week.

***Off to find some carefree curl***

i apply sometime moring and nite on all my length, if i didnt have the juice i dont know where my hair would be. i picked up my first bottle of care free curl 3years ago and never looked back, my hair does not break and i never have to worry about protein overload becuase myhair is so moisturized, not wet.

when i purchased my first bottle i truely "let my soul glow" hahaha

it took me 2.5 years to get to WL

Thanks! See, I wasn't going to buy anything else this month, but now I have to go pick up a bottle of carefree curl :wallbash:. :grin: You know I'm a rollersetter, but I do bun more in warm weather, and maybe this would help me get to BSL faster.

I must have missed the previous threads when you were talking about your regimen. I just checked out your fotki!

Thanks! See, I wasn't going to buy anything else this month, but now I have to go pick up a bottle of carefree curl :wallbash:. :grin: You know I'm a rollersetter, but I do bun more in warm weather, and maybe this would help me get to BSL faster.

I must have missed the previous threads when you were talking about your regimen. I just checked out your fotki!

hey waz good solitude!!!

yea girl, go pick that up. youll like it. im a rollersetter too, i put care free curl in a spray bottle with lotta body and water, moisturized rollersets :yep:

96465_raw.gif
this is the one i use, GOLD

Adora, you have me planning my trip to the store to buy my very first bottle of Jheri juice. :lachen:

So when does the Jheri juice challenge begin?

all I could see was the soul glow commerical when I saw this title..jheri juice??? this is what..care free curl gold.. scurl..things like that????

My only problem with jheri juice is that it has so much glycerine in it. I can't use it in the fall/winter time...it has the opposite effect for me during these seasons. It's the same with all my glycerine based sprays (Oyin Juices n Berries, NuGro moisturizer). I loved them in the spring/summer though.

I love me some jerri juice also. I use Care free curl and Wave Noveau. The combo of Wave Noveau and Eco Styler is the truth for my hair!

:lol: I'm in. I just ran out of braid spray so it's right on time. I've had good progress since BC'ing and since summers are when I get my growth spurts, I am ready to go!!

I just bought some S-Curl "No Drip" for DD's hair...is it okay to use this?

Actually, Toy, another long haired beauty on this board swears by the
s-curl no drip as a moisturizer and if she isn't already there, is pretty close to hip bone length. Yes, so s-curl would have the same length retaining effect. :yep:

People used to say curly perms made their hair grow longer than ever but we all know it was the juice that caused retention.
Just curious.....did you or anyone you know use the same products/routines on natural hair or relaxed hair and get the same resulting length retention.
In other words , treat hair as if you had a curly perm( if you can stand the grease) and acheive the same results?

In one word.....YES :yep:

Questions:
Doesn't this stuff have a ton of build-up? Esp if you use it everyday?
And I don't get how you can rollerset with it. From what I remember of this stuff, it's like too moisturizing. Greasy even. My hair would totally revert (or maybe that's the look your going for?) I'm confused.

:grin:, hey make sure you get care free curl GOLD, curl activator, not the one in yellow bottle:grin:

maaaaaaaan! I bought the wrong kind. I got the moisturizer - in the yellow bottle :ohwell:. Totally the wrong thing! Well, that sucks cause now I have to use this up.

Adora, you have me planning my trip to the store to buy my very first bottle of Jheri juice. :lachen:

So when does the Jheri juice challenge begin?

I was thinking the same thing!

My only problem with jheri juice is that it has so much glycerine in it. I can't use it in the fall/winter time...it has the opposite effect for me during these seasons. It's the same with all my glycerine based sprays (Oyin Juices n Berries, NuGro moisturizer). I loved them in the spring/summer though.

Yeah, I saw that. I bought the wrong thing, but then on the bottle of the one I brought, it actually said "with glycerin and protein" :blush:. Oh well, maybe it's time for me to re-visit glycerin.

Questions:
Doesn't this stuff have a ton of build-up? Esp if you use it everyday?
And I don't get how you can rollerset with it. From what I remember of this stuff, it's like too moisturizing. Greasy even. My hair would totally revert (or maybe that's the look your going for?) I'm confused.

My hair has never been greasy from using. Just soft and moisturized.

Okay...so how are you all using it? After washing and conditioning? Are u using it daily? What kind of styles - bunning?

Sorry for all the questions - just trying to figure out how I am going to incorporate it...I always wear my hair out

I'm addicted to the jheri juice now, thanks to Adora,lol... Started using it in January and I've retained all new growth. So I'm rolling it all the way until the wheels fall off. This is the only product I will not give up! I also dilute mine in a spray bottle with distilled water so my hair doesn't feel so sticky.

Last edited:
Back