JCP Hair Salon Experience

summerof1990

It was my first time going and I got a well experience.
My stylist was a senior stylist; which is basically middle level.
They have designer, senior, and master.

The customer service was nice and I walked out with what I wanted.

I went for a relaxer. $65.
I would go back and I can say it all depends on the stylist and location. JCP got bad rep for black hair and I'm just giving a heads up for anyone out there who was interested.:spinning:

Last edited:
If you really want to pay it forward and help others with their HHJ (you don't have to, of course) I suggest that you start at the beginning and relate the entire experience in detail, e.g., what you saw, heard, said, thought, felt, etc. Be as descriptive as possible and use lots of adjectives.:yep:

If you really want to pay it forward and help others with their HHJ (you don't have to, of course) I suggest that you start at the beginning and relate the entire experience in detail, e.g., what you saw, heard, said, thought, felt, etc. Be as descriptive as possible and use lots of adjectives.:yep:

...or just post pictures :look:

I used to go to JCP. My stylist did a great job back when I got my relaxers. The best part was the professional atmosphere, getting in and out in 2 hours, and gwtting exactly what I asked for

I can't remember the other thread, but someone else here reviewed her JCP experience years ago. She also gave it a thumbs up.

OP, which one did you go to?

Let me help. What products were used? How did your hair feel after? Did it have swang? Did she use heat protectant? Was she gentle and detangle correctly? Did she take instruction well? Did you get a trim? Just a few questions to flesh it out.

I have been going to jcpenney for the past few years. For the most part they do a decent job and are professional. I usually pay around $73. Some of the stylist can be a bit scissor happy. I get the affirm in sensitive and have for several years. the longest my hair was when I had a male stylist as he rarely trimmed and would only trim a minute amount. My last visit was early June. She trimmed a bit too much but my ends look good and my hair is probably top of bra strap length. I have a photo album if you click my name which shows my relaxer hair health since I have been going to JcPenney. Sometimes I want to self-relax to save money but I am afraid to do so. Attached was my last salon visit in June

Attachments

• image-2166274804.jpg
    image-2166274804.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back