January 3,4,5..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans??

Americka

What did you learn about your Hair during your 8 month Stretch?

Leave it to you to post such an insightful question when I am not prepared to answer! :lol:

1. I am a slow grower.
2. I can stretch about 26 weeks without a problem. Beyond about 30 weeks, I need to have a different set of products geared towards transitioning or natural hair.
3. I have 2 different textures - from the forehead to the crown is looser than the crown to the nape.
4. I cannot do a braid out beyond about 15 weeks.
5. Most important - My hair is my hair! No amount of pre-pooing, conditioning, dcing or supplements is going to give me unicorn hair. However, those things can help me to have the healthiest hair I possibly can...

@Americka

I am sure your Hair is Super Healthy. :grin:

How did your Relaxer go?

Did you have to do anything different during the Relaxing Process that you normally wouldn't have had to do?

@Americka

I am sure your Hair is Super Healthy. :grin:

How did your Relaxer go?

Did you have to do anything different during the Relaxing Process that you normally wouldn't have had to do?

Yes, it is healthy. I am thankful that I didn't experience any noticeable line of demarcation breakage. When I did my blow dry, there were very few hairs on the floor.

:nono: at detangling!:nono: That was a rough process even with me detangling gently the night before.

I have a relaxer checklist posted in my bathroom that I follow carefully. I had two deviations - I mixed two different DCs (normally use only one) and allowing the relaxer to "sit" longer than I normally do. I still have some texture in my hair, which I am cool with.

Pre-shampoo treated with: My grapeseed avocado oil mix

Shampooed with: CON Argan oil

Deep conditioned with: Macadamia oil deep treatment masque

Left in: Matrix Biolage Smootherapie

When hair dried I took down the eight plaits and used Qhemet Biologics AOHC to moisturize then sealed with my grapeseed avocado mix and murumuru butter for my bun.

IdateT'sHair

Ordered it. For some reason, I would have never thought it would have proteins I like and use. I also like the preserves. Im really trying to take the next few months to just concentrate on making staples.

Did an Overnight "Soak" with: SheScentIt's Coconut Sorbet Pre-Poo Rx
Will Co-Cleanse it out with: Hydroquench Systems Coconut & Lime Cleansing Conditioner
Quick Reconstruct with: Curl Junkie's Curl Fix (under dryer)
Steam with: SheScentIt's Fortifying Hair Mask
ACV Rinse: Hairveda
Apply Leave-In
Dry under Dryer

IDareT'sHair - How was this as a pre-poo? Did you use a lot using as a pre-poo?

Tomorrow - Pre-poo w/ Shea Terra Banana & Monogo Pre-poo and prob and oil. Cowash with CJ Daily Fix, DC CJ Rehab w/ steam, top with CJ Argan & Olive, Oil rinse and AVJ rinse

Mix green tea and Pantene deep conditioner and get under dryer for fifteen minutes and let it sit for 1 hr and 45 totaling a hour after using my coconut co wash cleansing conditioner

- How was this as a pre-poo? Did you use a lot using as a pre-poo?

Tomorrow - Pre-poo w/ Shea Terra Banana & Monogo Pre-poo and prob and oil. Cowash with CJ Daily Fix, DC CJ Rehab w/ steam, top with CJ Argan & Olive, Oil rinse and AVJ rinse

Golden75

I like it. I really like it on Dry Hair though. It says: "Apply Generously"

And Girl....You know I'm heavy-handed...so um..yeah..I followed that directive fully.:lol:

I've always wanted to try "Bolded" How is that? Sounds like it would be good.:lick:

Saludable84

Keep us posted as you find your Staples. Komaza Protein Rx gets really Great Reviews.

I tried the 'older' version. Haven't tried the 'newer' formula.

What other Proteins have you added to your Arsenal?

EnExitStageLeft what does your fenugreek/methi powder smell like? Curry powder or maple syrup? If it smells like maple syrup, where did you buy it and what is the brand? The powder I bought smelled like pungent curry powder, I couldn't bring myself to use it :nono:

Saludable84

Keep us posted as you find your Staples. Komaza Protein Rx gets really Great Reviews.

I tried the 'older' version. Haven't tried the 'newer' formula.

What other Proteins have you added to your Arsenal?

Curl Junkie Repair Me and Curl Fix
Millcreek Organics Keratin

Im just reducing use of these because of either preservatives or certain ingredients.

I plan to:

Warm overnight prepoo with Vatika Oil
Shampoo with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
Protein Treat with Komaza Care Protein Strengthener under dryer
Steam with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Air dry with Oyin Whipped Pudding

-prepoo w/ coconut oil and coconut milk
-clarify w/ suave
-dtm w/ avocado
-oil rinse using olive oil
-pantene curly as rinse out conditioner
-moisturize and seal

Last edited:
Saludable84

You know you can always convo her for a mini-consult.

You can tell her about your Lo-Po and your Preservative issues and she can make suggestions/adjustments.

You should do it. She is very good about that.

Golden75

I like it. I really like it on Dry Hair though. It says: "Apply Generously"

And Girl....You know I'm heavy-handed...so um..yeah..I followed that directive fully.:lol:

I've always wanted to try "Bolded" How is that? Sounds like it would be good.:lick:

IDareT'sHair - I haven't used it in awhile, just found it in the stash again :look: But I don't think I was too impressed. I doubt I'll repurchase. It's a little messy, its a cream, but turns to oil once emulsified and i think small chunks :perplexed. I'll let you know if my feelings change tomorrow.

@Golden75

Mine (this Jar) is completely/totally smooth & creamy.:lick:

I didn't have any chunks at all.

Hmpf.:blush: I have another jar though.

I like it.:yep:

G - Just gone & use it up.:lol:

Finally washed and detangled. I will deep condition overnight and straighten tomorrow.
It's time for my yearly progress pics.

Prepoo'd overnight w/ coconut oil
Poo'd this morning w/ Everyday Coconut shampoo
DC'd w/ NaturelleGrow Herbal Grow
Will do a braid out and airdry

Back