January 2010......What did you buy??? (Hair Care Edition)

I got more plastic processing caps and a sample pack of Dr. Miracle's deep conditioning treatment. Now usually I don't really use many bss products, but I am looking for a good DC treatment.

2 Liter bottles of Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin conditioner (for some reason my hair loves this stuff)
1 Liter of Redken Extreme conditioner
GVP Conditioning Balm
GVP Extreme Anti-Snap
Camellia (sp?) Oil
Qhmet Burdock Root Butter

I'm done buying until summer.

Last edited:
Unrefined Coconut Oil
Jane Carter leave in
Pure Aloe Vera Gelly ( I use it for my twists)

I think that's all so far in 2010 because I bought a whole lot the last week of December '09.

Aesops Wild Lime Hair Polish
Paul Labrecque Repair Style Hydrating Hair Lotion
Nounou Pak Nourishing Repair Hair Mask

aubrey organics is my staple ( white camellia, island naturals or hsr) but decided to try the GBP and my hair loves it!!! Have a whole foods hookup so i got 20% off this and my other grocery items.

sigh, flexi-rods, Aphogee leave in, and KEratin spray, shampoo brush, and some clips

*sidebar, they sell Joico @ Kmart???

well i'm on my quest to find my natural hair staples & this months haul...was moisturizers!

Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Burdock Root Butter Cream
Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Curly Custard
Shea-Amla Whipped Butter
CocoLatte Moisture Mask
Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter
2lbs of shea butter (hair & skin)

they were all sample sizes. hopefully some of these products will perform a miracle to my 4b hair...
:look:

& i forgot to restock on my JBCO for the spring & summer

:wallbash:

Nioxin Bliss Thermal Protector
Lustrasilk Hair Culture Solution
Darcy Botanicals Shea Butter
John Frieda Luminouscolor Glaze
Several half wigs (back to protective styling) :yep:
Profectiv Growth Oil
Wondergro Shea Butter Oil

8 oz Nunu's Love Handmade Coco-nut Hair Puddin :lick:

I want to try everything...The Spilled Milk Creamy Moisturizer, Don't Be SO Vanilla Herbal Shampoo, and the Temple of Truth. :look: Let's hope she has a sale.......looks like I may be cheating on Njoi for a minute

Last edited:
I bought Kenra MC two liters trade secret was having a sale.
I bought Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, I really want to see how good it is.

I bought a liter of Joico Moisture recovery and Nioxin 5oz shampoo and conditioner( included a trial size Nioxin bliss) from the trade secret sale. I have to go back because with that sale the liters are within my $15.00 price range:yep:

Kenra Volumizing shampoo and conditioner; liters of both
Nioxin bliss
Nioxin volumizing mousse

hey gym how do you like the volumizing conditioner compared to the moisturizing one

I have both (bought the volumizing one by accident) and I havent used it thinking its one of those that claim to help with volume but dont do anything :ohwell:

Aveda sap moss shampoo and conditioner
Aveda dry remedy treatment mask
Oyin burnt sugar pomade
Lustrasilk cholesterol with argan oil

I am lucky in that their Natural Hair Care Center is a few blocks from my job. I just drove over there on my lunch hour and picked some up. The guy at the counter had a most beautiful head of hair, too...

The eight ounce bottle is $7.99, but the 32 ounce bottle is only $21.60, so definitely more bang for the buck.

WhaaattttttTTTtttttt? Where did you buy this?

ETA: NVM I checked out their website

Last edited:
I only bought one thing: had to re-up on my staple Motions Nourish Leave-In ($3.25). I have a list of things I want to pick up/order though...just not sure when I'll get to it!

ETA: That leave-in is the only thing I've bought for my hair in about 4 mos...besides (2) reasonably priced LF's. I've done an excellent job curbing my past PJ habits, and staying strictly on the "Use 1, Buy 1 Challenge." I'm so very proud of myself!! :eek:

Last edited:
I went to the Vitamin Shoppe yesterday and bought a bottle of Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner.

I was sitting around last night and decided to apply to my dry hair and let it sit for an hour with a conditioning cap. I rinsed it out, sprayed in Humectress Luxe leave-in and went to bed.

I really like it and the scent is the best that I've smelled from the AO line.
I plan to purchase this again. I'll know for sure when I finish this bottle.

I'm getting ready to re-up my Ovation Cell Therapy and Creme Rinse before the month is out.

Last edited:
aubrey organics is my staple ( white camellia, island naturals or hsr) but decided to try the GBP and my hair loves it!!! Have a whole foods hookup so i got 20% off this and my other grocery items.

I purschased the GPB yesterday and I really like it!

Last edited:
I went to the Vitamin Shoppe yesterday and bought a bottle of Aubrey Organics QPB Conditioner.

I was sitting around last night and decided to apply to my dry hair and let it sit for an hour with a conditioning cap. I rinsed it out, sprayed in Humectress Luxe leave-in and went to bed.

I really like it and the scent is the best that I've smelled from the AO line.
I plan to purchase this again. I'll know for sure when I finish this bottle.

I'm getting ready to re-up my Ovation Cell Therapy and Creme Rinse before the month is out.

I purschased the QPB yesterday and I really like it!

JN: Is this something New & Different from AO GPB?

Back