JAJAJAJAJA! I Have Turned Kitty18 Into a CO Convert!

Angelicus

And I will not rest until I convert every one of you into co-washing! :lol: *evil laugh*

She was skeptical at first, saying that she didn't want to walk around with wet hair all the time. :drowning: I told her if she does it, she will be addict. :borgsmile

Now look at her... *laughing like Megatron* she can't stop doing it, oohing and aahing about how refreshed it feels to wash her hair everyday!

Don't be shy, everyone-- join the Co-washing clan! Read all of our 23894289 posts on co-washing and Join the darkside!

I LOVE Cond Washing also. I CW at least 3 days a week. Sometimes more on the weekends if it is hot.

Recently I started to rinse my hair with water in the shower then put NTM DDC or Mask on my ends (while showering) then rinsed 90% out and my hair loves this :love: . On the weekends I do a Wash and Go from there and during the week I airdry in a bun overnight.

anky said:
And I will not rest until I convert every one of you into co-washing! :lol: *evil laugh*

She was skeptical at first, saying that she didn't want to walk around with wet hair all the time. :drowning: I told her if she does it, she will be addict. :borgsmile

Now look at her... *laughing like Megatron* she can't stop doing it, oohing and aahing about how refreshed it feels to wash her hair everyday!

Don't be shy, everyone-- join the Co-washing clan! Read all of our 23894289 posts on co-washing and Join the darkside!

:lachen: :grin:

Last edited:
Have tried going to health food store and use shampoo like Alba it has no sodium Lauryl or Lareth Sulfate. but makes a lather to remove the dirt.

I was scarred to do it at first, but after the first time I was addicted. :assimilat
Now, I've been doing it at least 3x/wk for over a yr.

I just started doing co washes and I love it. DId't think it work for me b/c I have 4 inches of texturized hair that I normally wear straight, but I wash and go now and it's great.

I never heard of co-wahses before I found this board. "Wash with conditioner??? Neva heard of it" :ohwell: . Now, I'm home on vacation (with a cold..mind you) and I just did a co wash :grin: . I want to try to co wash every other day this week and see the results.

My hair is ALWAYS WET from co washing.....too bad for the people who touch my hair without asking...oh well :rofl:

I used to be a co-washer back in my late days of college and up until early 04 but now, I'm just a rinser :look:. I need to get back on this challenge but man, I think it will take too much time trying to let Co soak through my sew-in and into the cornrows. Any weavers doing CO washing? What conditioners are you using, its it paraben free? Let me know!

SweetNic_JA said:
I used to be a co-washer back in my late days of college and up until early 04 but now, I'm just a rinser :look:. I need to get back on this challenge but man, I think it will take too much time trying to let Co soak through my sew-in and into the cornrows. Any weavers doing CO washing? What conditioners are you using, its it paraben free? Let me know!

My friend did this with her sew ins and her hair was mildewed when she fianlly took it out...not to mention smelly :(

Ayeshia said:
My friend did this with her sew ins and her hair was mildewed when she fianlly took it out...not to mention smelly :(

When I had my sew in I would CW every two or three days and had no mildew only smelly MTG hair. I used V05 cond and mixed it with water. I just love to CW my hair.

I'm on the Co wash team too, and I baggie, it's ususally damp when I baggie-phonytail or bun it though and I add some oil or shea butter to the ends.

I love! love! love it! I knew nothing about this until I join this forum. I have experienced much growth from doing it!

I did this this morning and my hair loved it. It felt so refreshing too!! Man, what was I thinking this summer???? Ah, well. The next three months all I am going to be doing are CW, MTG, and Baggie!!

I CW everyday and I am doing the baggie method. (I did this when I was transitioning, too). I usually let my hair air dry for maybe an hour or so, then I put moisturizer on the ends and baggie it up. :) I don't think I could give up my daily co-washes. I love them so much. It is definitely addictive!

I started co washing this summer. I have alot of hair and it takes forever to airdry. So my question to all those that have been doing this for a while, what do you do in the winter or when it starts getting cold? Like last night when I came home from work I co-washed, and my hair was still wet when I left this morning.

Ayeshia said:

OMG!! Did she ever try to blow dry her roots? I've been washing everyday to every other day for a year and I haven't had that problem. If she does weaves again, please please please tell her to blow dry (at least slightly) after each wash.

Hey ladies who live in colder climates how do we keep up the Co-washes when it's like -10 below zero and snowing, (besides moving elswhere) I don't want to give up the growth and progress my hair's making with the co-washes? any ideas?

Last edited:
Anky got me hooked on co washes and I have never looked backed since my hair loves it especially since finding DDTA.
Ladies your hair will dry faster using microfiber hair towels they are great I bought 2 dozen from Big Lots a month ago.

Lucia said:
Hey ladies who live in colder climates how do we keep up the Co-washes when it's like -10 below zero and snowing, (besides moving elswhere) I don't want to give up the growth and progress my hair's making with the co-washes? any ideas?

I live in the freezing state of MA and I washed/rinsed every other day in the winter. The trick for me was doing it at night. By the time I got up in the morning my hair was dry enough that I could put on a hat and go. HTH

Back