Jada Pinkett

CynamonKis

I just recently saw Jada on television and her hair looked very long and I could have sworn it was hers. Has anyone ever considered asking her about her regiment? I remember when she had 1 inch of hair on her head...

People insist it is her hair but I saw her on Different World for many years and her hair never approached that length. I saw her on Essence and didn't even know who she was. I just wonder why it wasn't long on Different World.

Yeah but isn't it possible that she could have spent all this time from Different World til now growing her hair? If so I'd love to learn what she did-I tell ya when I saw her on that TV interview I was stunned & usually I can spot a weave a mile away...

CynamonKis
It's funny you bring this up. I was thinking the exact same thing. How do you go from 1 inch hair in 2000 and have like 20 inches of hair gorwth in 2003?? She's in the new Black Hair magazine (with Beyonce on the cover) and though they mention her hair styles, they mention nothing of her exreme hair growth. If it's not hers, fine, but if it is,why won't she say something on how she got it to grow that fast
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but isn't it possible that she could have spent all this time from Different World til now growing her hair? If so I'd love to learn what she did-I tell ya when I saw her on that TV interview I was stunned & usually I can spot a weave a mile away...

[/ QUOTE ]
___
The problem with your theory is that she had short hair or braid extensions up until late last year. This new hair was a surprise to everyone. If she can grow hair that fast, please give us the secret.

LD (I believe) posted a picture of jada with her hair in a braided ponytail which was unmistakably her own hair and was quite a bit below shoulderlength probably well on it's way to bra strap.(And it appeared to be quite curly, probably natural or texturized so it was not at full stretched length)

I do think that even though she has had shorter hair previously does not mean she hasn't popped into this site or at a good hair dressers and picked up some tips.

I don't think that her hair is spectacularly long (waist length) but I do believe it is atleast bra-strap which is long. I think she is a good measure too because it's not like she sprouted all that hair overnight. It has been sometime since 'set it off'

[ QUOTE ]
CynamonKis
It's funny you bring this up. I was thinking the exact same thing. How do you go from 1 inch hair in 2000 and have like 20 inches of hair gorwth in 2003?? She's in the new Black Hair magazine (with Beyonce on the cover) and though they mention her hair styles, they mention nothing of her exreme hair growth. If it's not hers, fine, but if it is,why won't she say something on how she got it to grow that fast
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered the same thing... but I noticed that in some black hairstyles magazines that they never mention any one of their guests sporting weaves even when they are going over their hair regimen. Honey does have a whole heap of money so she could afford some good "pieces" as I personally do not think that all of that length is hers.
nono.gif
It does look heavenly tho.

Actually thinking about it honee. Hair grows 6 inches a year so even if she was bald in 2000, in 3 years she should have about 18 inches. (And that is just plain unassisted growth)

[ QUOTE ]
I wondered the same thing... but I noticed that in some black hairstyles magazines that they never mention any one of their guests sporting weaves even when they are going over their hair regimen. Honey does have a whole heap of money so she could afford some good "pieces" as I personally do not think that all of that length is hers.
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Actually thinking about it honee. Hair grows 6 inches a year so even if she was bald in 2000, in 3 years she should have about 18 inches. (And that is just plain unassisted growth)

[/ QUOTE ]
___
This is making the assumption that there is no breakage and shedding. I have taken very good care of my hair and my hair grows quick but I couldn't imagine being Jada's length that quickly.

Also, people are saying that Jada's hair is not long because it is not waist length. Long hair to me is mid-back. I personally think waist length hair is too much but that's MO.

[ QUOTE ]
This is making the assumption that there is no breakage and shedding. I have taken very good care of my hair and my hair grows quick but I couldn't imagine being Jada's length that quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing but you obviously type a little faster that I do
laugh.gif

My hair is between 5-6 inches and I was basically bald at the start of september last year (So I still have 3months to go to the end of my year and I still have bits of coloured relaxed hair which were remnants of my last relaxer and the mode by which I can document my hair growth).

So yes it is very possible with shedding and breakage(Including a half inch trim in my case). I didn't think it was possible until I did a light press to trim my hair. (And out came the ruler hehe)

I've seen Jada with waistlength hair but that I do not believe that to be her hair which is why I mentioned it. I think her hair is about brastrap length.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, but you know we had to question... If that's her hair,more power to her... I'm just mad the girly isn't sharing any haircare products, techniques, etc... A hair care junkie must have her fix
grin.gif

I think her hair is a different texture..More like 2C and 3A and so she doesn't use chemical treatments like relaxers (at least not anymore)..

I do think her hair is long, I'm just not clear as to how long..And I'm glad I'm not the only one..

LD had posted some pictures where she wore her naturally curly hair in a pony tail and that was from last year or so and it looked like it was past shoulder (maybe shoulder blade length)..

I think she might be adding pieces but for the most part her hair is long...If not bra strap, she should be very close to it...

Also, it is possible that she did grow it that fast because remember she is very petite..Somewhere between 4'11-5'2...

Besides the pics that LD has, I haven't really seen/noticed Jada's real hair in years. Last I saw/noticed her natural hair was long ago, and it was quite short. "Long" for me is past shoulder length, and her hair was definitely past shoulder length on this recent show I saw her on. It really looked like her own hair to me. I think its entirely possible that she could have grown her hair and if so I would LOVE to find out what she did.

Even assuming her hair was short in 2000, it is entirely possible for her to have past-shoulder length hair by now simply based on my own experience -- I was nearly bald after a stylist put SUPER wave nuveau (spelling?) in my hair. I was so bald that I didn't have enough hair to "weave" for a month afterwards & I had to wear a wig. About 1.5-2 years later my hair was past shoulder length due strictly to wearing a hair weave. So yes I believe it could be Jada's real hair that she grew herself.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides the pics that LD has, I haven't really seen/noticed Jada's real hair in years. Last I saw/noticed her natural hair was long ago, and it was quite short. "Long" for me is past shoulder length, and her hair was definitely past shoulder length on this recent show I saw her on. It really looked like her own hair to me. I think its entirely possible that she could have grown her hair and if so I would LOVE to find out what she did.

[/ QUOTE ]
__
Whatever she did wouldn't work for me anyway. Her hair is a whole other texture than my 4b hair.

[ QUOTE ]
I think her hair is a different texture..More like 2C and 3A and so she doesn't use chemical treatments like relaxers (at least not anymore)..

I do think her hair is long, I'm just not clear as to how long..And I'm glad I'm not the only one..

LD had posted some pictures where she wore her naturally curly hair in a pony tail and that was from last year or so and it looked like it was past shoulder (maybe shoulder blade length)..

I think she might be adding pieces but for the most part her hair is long...If not bra strap, she should be very close to it...

Also, it is possible that she did grow it that fast because remember she is very petite..Somewhere between 4'11-5'2...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with what you said Carmenrose.

Well. I must be a cynical old hag, then - cuz I think it's a high-priced weave. Too much hair appeared on that girl's head in too little time, for me to believe it's hers without a receipt.

20 inches in 3 yrs is nothing. my hair grows about 12 inches + a yr. thats over 1 inch per month.. too me that rate of growth is almost normal. that means she couldve had 24 inches in less than 2 yrs. It is possible. which im trying to prove by going from shoulder length dec 02 to waist length by the end of this yr, and im almost there. nothing is impossible!

That is not Jada's hair.
nono.gif
I don't care what anyone says. Just like someone said earlier, those hair magazines never fess up to stars wearing weaves when we know doggone well they are. I'm sure Jada's hair has grown from being pregnant and all of that...but child please. That is NOT all of her hair. I was surprised they didn't ask her about her hair regimine in Essence.

I think it's every bit hers. And it looks beautiful... not sure why all the skepticism....Didn't Adrienne start growing hers out in 2000? If Adrienne can get hers to waist in thirty six months I'm sure Mrs. Will Smith could do it also.

I tend to think it's hers.

I think it's Jada's hair for a few reasons:
-She was in Bambozelled (Spike Lee movie w/Damon Wayans) about 2 years ago and her has was in a curly bun for the majority of the movie. Sounds like protective styling to me
grin.gif

-I saw her on BET tonight about 3 years back and her hair was short (about 4 in) and very curly.
-On a Different World, she wore it in a curly puff. Maybe she didn't grow it because she wanted to be different. As you all know, Halle Berry has 2b/3a and could grow it if she wants too, but she chooses not to,
I think it's hers, but even if it's not, it doesn't take away from anyone's progress.
rosebud.gif

I looked up the other thread but the pics had gone. I got these other other ones with the date for you guys. Enjoy Ladies. I can't remember which poster mentioned her height but she is tiny about 5ft I believe.
I'm off to my bed now
smile.gif

1115091.jpg
May 15th 2003

1147042.jpg

1109350.jpg
May 13th 2003

876079.jpg
2nd May 2003

724451.jpg
4th Nov 2002

513998.jpg
26th Jun 2002

406786.jpg
24th Mar 2002

355960.jpg
24th Feb 2002

355937.jpg
18th Feb 2002

259814.jpg
25th Oct 2001

210058.jpg
26th Jul 2001

211874.jpg
19th Jun 2000

107924.jpg
23rd Feb 2000

118178.jpg
10th Aug 1998

The pics in 1999 only had her hair either in a wrap or in braid extensions.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's every bit hers. And it looks beautiful... not sure why all the skepticism....Didn't Adrienne start growing hers out in 2000? If Adrienne can get hers to waist in thirty six months I'm sure Mrs. Will Smith could do it also.

I tend to think it's hers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, i was just about to say that, and Adrienne says her hair grows slow also.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with you...it is possible...I grew more than 6 inches since last year...so why not her? We are always saying people assumed that we as black women can't grow out hair long and do it quickly...I say bull! We can and do...lets not be our own worse critics.

[quoteI have to agree with you...it is possible...I grew more than 6 inches since last year...so why not her? We are always saying people assume that we as black women can't grow out hair long and do it quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what i was thinking when i read the thread!

[ QUOTE ]
[quoteI have to agree with you...it is possible...I grew more than 6 inches since last year...so why not her? We are always saying people assume that we as black women can't grow out hair long and do it quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what i was thinking when i read the thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's because everybody is always so quick to say Aaliyah's hair couldn't possibly be that long but she was honest enuf to tell people that she used some pieces due to all the heat products used on her hair when she tours. so i am sure that jada could grow her hair to her waist in due time but it is my guess that she added pieces for thickness and length.

gabrielle_union.jpg

Hello Ladies:

I am convinced that Jada's here is not as long as it is on the cover of Essence. Her hair is long, but not that long.

I have seen Jada in numerous magazines this year befor Matrix 2 came out and her hair was different lengths in all pics. I've also seen her on TV at the beginning of 2003. Her hair has grown, but it's definitely not that long. In the past, she as admitted to loving hair pieces, so I'm sure Essence added some for the total length.

I don't think any of the women here were implying that black women can't grow their hair long.

It's the same thing with Vanessa Williams. She already has long hair, but at times, her hair is much longer. Those are the times that she adds the hair pieces. It's not just the stars with short hair that do this.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with you...it is possible...I grew more than 6 inches since last year...so why not her? We are always saying people assumed that we as black women can't grow out hair long and do it quickly...I say bull! We can and do...lets not be our own worse critics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Its not just on this board but other boards have questioned whether or not someone was wearing a weave or a piece but 99.99% of the time it is always a person of color. I have yet to see people question whether britney or christina or any other actress grew their hair a certain length. a lot of artist regardless of race wear hair pieces and hair magazines tell people how to acheive this look and how they get their shine and all this other stuff when it is a hair piece. this one actress from the matrix had chin length hair doing a interview on the today show and two nights later her hair was in a ponytail down her back. changing hair length, color, texture is not a thing only women of color do. many other races do this sometimes with more frequency but no one questions whether or not its their hair. i think thats where people get upset because if we are on this site giving advice to one another and some people are predicting 4-5 inches by december and we all arent millionaires and dont have stylist at our disposal imagine how a star who does how far they can go? they do protective styles as well (weaves) and with years of care i dont see how it is so unbelievable to some to think that someone could acheive these goals. if with vitamins and minerals/routine we can acheive 1 inch a month thats 12 inches a year and taking damage into consideration that could be 10 inches 3 years thats 30 inches if we are being generous. if ladies here in a couple of months can go from chin to shoulder with just tweeking their regime and changing their habits then why cant other people. i know the industry is filled with weaves but its on both sides black and white. and some ladies here have had a lot of growth with having their hair in protective styles such as weaves and braids.
smile.gif
smile.gif
God bless you all.

Back