Jada Pinkett

gabrielle_union.jpg

Both Christina and Britney have admitted to adding hair pieces. I can't remember if it's called "hair clips". Many stars are doing it; black and white.

I think essence and other hair mag's need to do thier job more thouroughly and ask the stars and or/ stylists is it real in this pic, if not how did you get the look, if it's all yours here then spill the info, cause our readers want to know. I mean it's soo obvious many stars are using weaves, wigs, clip in pieces to achieve some if not all their looks. I mean Britney( compare her new do to the extended blond style) and J-lo are the weave queens, when they are asked they admit it though compare Jenny from the block to Maid in Manahattan-we all know that's not all her real hair. I'm not knocking anyone, more power to them.

Thalia (Motola's new wife&Mexican singer) used to get pressure al the time b/4 she cut her hair about is it real, and it was, she said it was all hers she even showed them it was, but they still kept insisting it wasn't.
pa_thalia_julio.jpg

thalia_maestra_7_4_040403.jpg

I would like to find out what her techniques were for growing her hair, and whether she ever discussed those techniques publicly.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it is possible that she did grow it that fast because remember she is very petite..Somewhere between 4'11-5'2...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing Carmenrose
smile.gif
. Besides that as Emmi said, many women get an inch a month of growth and could quite easily grow 12 inches in a year. I have a girlfriend who relaxes her hair monthly, yes monthly and has hair down to her tailbone. Hair which she grew in no time. When I told her that my goal was 4 inches by the end of summer, she chuckled and said, "Oh, you can get six by then". Her secret is no secret. It's daily rinsing, conditioing and just leaving it alone. It is not so impossible for me to believe that this is all Jada's hair. It is quite possible to have grown her hair that long in the timeframe.

Besides all that, it shouldn't matter a hill of beans if it's hers or not...we have got to give it up..THE SISTA LOOKS GOOT!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, it is possible that she did grow it that fast because remember she is very petite..Somewhere between 4'11-5'2...

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides all that, it shouldn't matter a hill of beans if it's hers or not...we have got to give it up..THE SISTA LOOKS GOOT!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

1) True, she is petite
2) She was pregnant in that time, which always
seems to help a women with faster growth.
3) She did say in the magazine that she is not as
glamarous as many think and that she keeps her
hair always in conrows. ( did anyone read the article?
or did Y'all just drool over the girls pics?
grin.gif

Thanks for the pictures again LD! That confirmed it for me!

Maybe she did wear pieces for the Essence shoot, but it was probably to stop them from damaging her hair with all the heat and stuff that they love to do to our hair..

And, I forgot who said this, but she did wear scarves for so long that I didn't even know what her hair looked like anymore..I assumed that it was still in her short pixie cut...I see that I was wrong..Homegirl was protective styling...LOL

I know that she uses Carol's Daughter products. I don't know anything about her regime though. But, scarves, cornrows and buns would definitely help strengthen and lengthen the hair..

I think she's another wonderful inspiration for us..

And another one, is Syleena Johnson, the singer..Gurl has some hair and yes it IS hers..

Oh and another thing, Jada hasn't exactly been in the spotlight (on her own)..So all of the pictures, they've had of her (professional that is), are those with her wearing her hair short or when she wore pieces back then. So, I know for me, I was like "Wow" (but a good Wow!
grin.gif
)..And she has been wearing her hair up a lot (even in movies--just check the Matrix)..

I remember in a few years ago,JP in black woman's magazine said that she liked to handle her shortest hair easily with no fuss, no worry and no complain when she see all by herself. That she shew "us" that she had no flakes, no frizz and no heat (I think).

Methinks most of the length is hers, but that she adds extensions for fullness and perhaps a bit more length. By the looks of it, it IS close to HER waist, but then again what's waist length depends on where an individual's waist is. Either way, it looks good and that's all that matters, IMHO.

Many stars wear or have worn extensions.....Christina and Brittney are obvious, but so has Madonna, JLo, Mariah Carey, Cher, (and I suspect) Sarah Jessica Parker, etc....big deal?! LOL

Lastly, I think to compare or even consider Jada's hair or hair care regimen to a "normal" person's is unrealistic in the extreme. This woman is VERY wealthy in her own right married to an even WEALTHIER guy....she has all the time and money in the world to invest whatever she chooses. She has access to the best hair, makeup, etc...products and peeps. Recently Sarah Jessica did a layout in "W" where she was tight and right mere months after her baby was born, but she made it VERY clear that she (like I said about Jada) has all the time and money in the world to invest in herself. She also added that someone that's in NOT her position (where it's apart of her job to be tight and right) shouldn't feel bad if they didn't look that great after a few months. I think the same principal applies to Jada's hair.

(Please don't take what I said to mean that average women can't grow long hair.....doesn't mean that at all. I simply mean that for someone like Jada, she has the time and money to have access to the best of everything which makes it a whole bunch easier to look your best in every way.)

[ QUOTE ]
Methinks most of the length is hers, but that she adds extensions for fullness and perhaps a bit more length. By the looks of it, it IS close to HER waist, but then again what's waist length depends on where an individual's waist is. Either way, it looks good and that's all that matters, IMHO.

Many stars wear or have worn extensions.....Christina and Brittney are obvious, but so has Madonna, JLo, Mariah Carey, Cher, (and I suspect) Sarah Jessica Parker, etc....big deal?! LOL

Lastly, I think to compare or even consider Jada's hair or hair care regimen to a "normal" person's is unrealistic in the extreme. This woman is VERY wealthy in her own right married to an even WEALTHIER guy....she has all the time and money in the world to invest whatever she chooses. She has access to the best hair, makeup, etc...products and peeps. Recently Sarah Jessica did a layout in "W" where she was tight and right mere months after her baby was born, but she made it VERY clear that she (like I said about Jada) has all the time and money in the world to invest in herself. She also added that someone that's in NOT her position (where it's apart of her job to be tight and right) shouldn't feel bad if they didn't look that great after a few months. I think the same principal applies to Jada's hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautifully put.
smile.gif

Yeah, but I'm still extremely curious how she did it and I guess then I'll decide after finding this out whether/not it would be something I'd even want to do and if so, whether or not I could afford to do it.

Jamaraa said:
Lastly, I think to compare or even consider Jada's hair or hair care regimen to a "normal" person's is unrealistic in the extreme.

LOL...thanks guys! To tell the truth, I was a bit scared to look back that this threat because of what I said, LOL. I was expecting big time flames. I know that sometimes subjects like these tend to be a bit sensitive and I'm glad it was taken as it was meant.

Cynamon...I recently saw a thing about how and what she did to get in tip top condition for "The Martix". From the sound of it, she worked out constantly w/ a personal trainer and ate a very specific diet. It was a similiar situation to when Will prepared for "Ali". All the care and hard work was considered an investment in their careers....LOL, the better they look, the more they get paid......and the more they pay the better they look!

I'm sure these two (like many other stars) have personal cooks, personal trainers, personal hair salons in their home, individualized regimes, etc....and that seriously costs.

LOL...think about it like this, Naomi Campbell's (the queen of weaves, tho she apparently has plenty of her own hair) weave ALWAYS looks tight. Why? She can afford to spend $1,000+ VERY often to have it like that. In the "real world (non celeb)...how many weaves do you see looking like that? (chuckle)

I think it's definately nice to see a sistah w/ long hair, but if that sistah's a celeb, we shouldn't try to emulate that simply because we CAN'T! All we'll get is frustrated and stress is bad for hair growth!
blush.gif
D

Jamarra I know what you're saying but I just want to know what she did.

I think one thing she did was wear a lot of braids, etc., which I'm not inclined to do. But I'm curious if there's anything else she did.

Ummm...LOL, I doubt she'll ever 'fess to what it REALLY is because it's a star secret!

I think ONE of her big secrets was a specially tailored diet, but that's just my guess.

I believe that her hair is mid back length and thanks LD or showing the hair timeline. I know that her pixie cut was a long time ago and not just two years ago. Last summer I had my hair in a short layered flip and my hair is now shoulder length (pics coming soon), so I know Jada with her vast resources (moola!) can have mid back length hair in the amount of time that she's had to grow it. I also hope that by next summer my hair is that length as well! If I only liked protective styles (yes, she said in the interview she usually has her hair in cornrows and what not when not in the spotlight).
smile.gif

I just had the craziest thought! What if Jada is on the board looking at us discuss whether or not all of the hair on her head is hers?
laugh.gif
You never know.....she may be! And no, I am not Jada. Although I wouldn't mind having some of her money!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I just had the craziest thought! What if Jada is on the board looking at us discuss whether or not all of the hair on her head is hers?
laugh.gif
You never know.....she may be! And no, I am not Jada. Although I wouldn't mind having some of her money!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was just thinking the same thing.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure these two (like many other stars) have personal cooks, personal trainers, personal hair salons in their home, individualized regimes, etc....and that seriously costs.
I think it's definately nice to see a sistah w/ long hair, but if that sistah's a celeb, we shouldn't try to emulate that simply because we CAN'T! All we'll get is frustrated and stress is bad for hair growth!
blush.gif
D

[/ QUOTE ]

While that's definetly true, there is no magic for hair growth. You reach a point where no more money affects hair growth, so knowing what she did can only help right? Even if everything wans't perfect. Hair growth isn't necesarily a science.

As for Jada's workout... she only touches on it in the latest Essence magazine. I don't think she cares to get specific either. I did read in there that she did kung fo moves and horse stances for like 4-5 minutes at a time but those things probably aren't the core to why she's as fit as she was for the movie. There was more but I can't remember it.

She was also benching 170lbs!

Back