i'VE MADE MY DECISON

pinkchocolatedaisy

Ok so ladies I have finally decided to go natural (with the possibility of texlaxing). I have no idea what my natural hair looks like but from the new growth I'm seeing at 8 wks post, I like the way it looks. I am anxious for more new growth and I know I'm supposed to be patient but it's driving me crazy! I don't wanna do the BC....... has anyone went that way w/o the BC? What did you do in the mean time?

Also I have browsed other boards and I just have to say that LHCF is just the most warm and welcoming of all! I've seen other sites that seem to make non-naturals feel bad for wanting to be relaxed. :nono: I say to each her own. Some hair is just too hard to manage. Who's to say I won't change my mind? But I'm really excited...............

Good for you. Whether going natural to relaxed, or relaxed to natural, making a conscious decision for yourself is a big step.

I wore my hair in braids and ponytails as I transitioned and used curl activator. I did not cut the relaxer out until I was able to make a ponytail with my natural hair. Good luck! There is lots of support here on the board.

Congratulations on your decision. You will find a wealth of information on the board; one thread I like is the transitioners support thread. Best wishes to you on this journey!

congrats!

sure, lots of ladies here have transitioned without BCing... some for a year or 2 from what i've seen. you can do it if you have the patience (Lord knows i didn't :look:).

wait until more hair grows in... i bet your texture will amaze you... :yep: it's a fun and interesting journey.

*OFF TOPIC: dang JCoily, i see your siggy - nice length! :grin:

Ok so ladies I have finally decided to go natural (with the possibility of texlaxing). I have no idea what my natural hair looks like but from the new growth I'm seeing at 8 wks post, I like the way it looks. I am anxious for more new growth and I know I'm supposed to be patient but it's driving me crazy! I don't wanna do the BC....... has anyone went that way w/o the BC? What did you do in the mean time?

Also I have browsed other boards and I just have to say that LHCF is just the most warm and welcoming of all! I've seen other sites that seem to make non-naturals feel bad for wanting to be relaxed. :nono: I say to each her own. Some hair is just too hard to manage. Who's to say I won't change my mind? But I'm really excited...............

You do you and whatever you decide we are ALL here to support you. :yep:

Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.

Good for you. Whether going natural to relaxed, or relaxed to natural, making a conscious decision for yourself is a big step.

I wore my hair in braids and ponytails as I transitioned and used curl activator. I did not cut the relaxer out until I was able to make a ponytail with my natural hair. Good luck! There is lots of support here on the board.

This is how I feel. Now that you've decided, Congrats on your new journey!

Congrats on your decision, and know that whatever you ultimately decide, you will have more support than you ever thought.............................. all right here on this board:yep:

BB

Back