I've got breakage

nita4

I\'ve got breakage

from my last attempt at extending my relaxer to 13 weeks. It was from me mishandling of my hair.
wallbash.gif
My problem now is at 7 weeks post I have all these little hairs sticking up. I really want to try extending again or at least wait my normal 10 weeks, without mishandling my hair. But I was thinking maybe I should I relax at 8 for a while in order to remedy this problem.

What do you think???

Re: I\'ve got breakage

You may need a touch up, as the new growth, which is stronger than the previously relaxed hair, makes it difficult to handle w/o breakage. However, I recommend going to a stylist and having them check your hair.

Thanks for the response Webby, I think I'm going to go back to my pre-forum days and do 8 weeks minimum. I'm also gonna go back to the Cream of Nature Relaxer. Back then I used no-lye, but I'm going to try a lye mild. I just don't think I can extend without damage. My hair doesn't grow fast, but my 4a coils at the scalp are fierce. I pulled my hair out either from detangling, trying to hot comb, or blow dry - whichever it's gone now...and, I didn't do the latter two methods often. I'm throwing in the towel on extending.
frown.gif
and I'll see how it works for this year.

I believe in always doing what works for your own hair, even if it means having to retouch earlier than others. Everyone's hair is different.

Back