I've Decided....

1.)Spring-Curly Rollersets
Summer-Braidouts
Fall-Rollerwraps
Winter-Rollerset, straight, in a bun

2.)Hair is super protein-sensitive.

3.)Lo-Mani is a LIFE SAVER.

4.)DC's weekly are good, but during summer cowashing season, isn't mandatory.

5.)I can wear my hair down and still retain length.

6.)Detangling dry for me is better than doing it wet.

Last edited:
I like this thread.

I've decided...

1.) to stick with the products that I know work for me and stop being such a P.J. I've given away most of the stuff I didn't use.
2.) to deep condition once or twice weekly
3.) to baby my ends and to stop playing in my hair so much; I try to help myself, but it's just so springy and curly sometimes I can't resist
4.) keep my regimen as relatively simple as possible
5.) start taking vitamins for overall health as well as hair growth and to start eating better
6.) to wear my hair in braids (w/o extensions) during the school months and to cleanse, moisturize, deep condition to keep the hair health and retain length during the cooler months
7.) to try to stop coming to this board so dang on much, because it can be slightly addicting :-)

1) update my fotki with more pics and variety
2) Do real protective styling which for me would be twists,braids,cornrows or a donout bun... i think my messy bun is doing more harm than good.
3) wear my hair in a ponytail less (hand in hand with #2)
4) wear my hair straight once a month, to do an extremely light dusting (its just too see through right now... i have to thicken up)
5) Do more with the ayurvedic things that are CLEARLY helping my hair!
6) learn new styles
7) stick to using the only growth aid that ever worked for me (lenzi's request)
8) stop being cheap lol and spend the xtra dollas on the butters that work for my hair (qhemetbiologics) and elasta qp

1. I need to find a product that detanglers my hair w/ relative ease.

2. I need to stick to products that are known to work well in my hair (shea, castor oil, evoo, coconut oil)

3. Stop pick those tiny knots off the ends of my hair. As a result, I am causing more breakage.

So, how do you set your hair then? I've been trying to figure out the best, fastest and easiest ways. I want the rollersetting results without all the work.

I used to feel like I am in a relaxer prison, but not anymore.

TIA

I do twist/braid outs or perm rod sets when I want to wear my hair out.

1. I need to stop playing in my hair and stretching my coils because it causes a knot EVERY time. And I also need to stop breaking the knots off of my hair after I create them. I've noticed I'm not alone in this problem.

2. My hair will be hidden in a weave consistently or else I will continue to cause breakage by playing in it (see #1).

3. I am committing to taking pictures of my hair so that I will actually be able to tell when I have progress.

4. No new products. I have what works for me and I need to just stick with it. I'm not a pj but it's still a waste of money to try new things when I know what I like and what works.

Great topic OP!

1. Not to stretch past 12 weeks.
2.I no longer have a midback length goal, will probably keep hair trimmed and at BSL
3.i will probably never learn to self relax or rollerset and i'm okay with that.
4. I still love long hair (midback,wsl,etc), love to look at fotkis with those lengths but I think APL and BSL is more versatile (for me)and I'm having so much fun with it. :yep:

1. get rid of all the products i've bought (and there is A LOT)
2. stop buying so many products
3. stick to cheap conditioners, stop co-washing as much
4. accept that braid outs DO NOT work for me, and move on to some other style that works for me
5. stop having 2nd thoughts on going natural
6. leave my hair ALONE, stop touching it all the time
7. be patient

1. I need to learn how to do bantu knot outs
2. I need to eat healthier
3. Stop setting deadlines for BSL, MBL, and WSL hair
4. I'm too broke and busy to co wash, I can just rinse with water and use a leave in conditioner
5. I need to stop spending too much time on LHCF
6. I don't have to fear the flat iron, but use responsibly
7. I will exercise, despite all the trouble with hair
8. 3 years in the future, I may stop being natural (I've been transitioning for 2 years) and self relax for the mere convience

1. I can't be cheap anymore about my touch-ups and must purchase my own perm system to bring to my stylist, b/c I refuse to have a 'super' strength relaxer placed in my hair again.

2. I need to exercise more and drink more water for my overall health and that of my hair.

3. To not put anything on my scalp b/c the less I put on it, the less it itches. Oh and to not put SLS anything on my scalp b/c after a month and a half of not using it, I've had a lot less itchies.

4. To stop being obsessed with my growth rate.

5. To learn how to do updos that don't consist of buns...Buns are boring, IMO.

6. Frequent washing (unless I have lots of NG) is not my friend...I just need to leave my hair alone.

7. To take better, more uniformed progress pics.

I've decided that I hate buns and will only consistantly do protective styling in the winter.

I've decided that I like the look of neat ends so I will trim/dust as often as I see fit. It will just take me a little longer to get to my goal but when I get there my ends will look good.

I've decided that MBL is where I want to be and there is no need for me to try to get any longer.

I've decided that as much as I like rollersetting I will alternate the rollersets with air drying and switch to mostly airdrying in the winter months.

I've decided that I like doing my own touch ups even if my hair doesn't get bone straight. I'll keep the $65 in my pocket, thank you very much.

1. To stop obsessing over my hair.
2. To only wash,deep condition and roller set once a week.
3. To enjoy my hair more.
4. To relax over this hair growing process.
5. To moisturize and seal my hair daily and then just leave it alone.

Great thread .
1. to use all the products I have and buy others only if necessary .
2. keep a simple regimen .

Ive decided to

wear my hair in an actual hair style so will get it shaped when i finish the c&g method in a few weeks

to not be afraid of my hair

1. To use this last of OCT and focus on my health, vitamins, and minerals to give my hair that extra boost. No more growth aids. :nono:
  2. To wear braidouts alot more often. Candy_C was right! My hair feels much healthier braiding my hair at night. :yep:
  3. Not try any more new products for my hair and focus on getting my skin back in order. :yep:
  4. Stick to my regimen. If it aint broke dont fix it. :nono:
  5. To remain relaxed. I like my creamy crack and I dont wanna give up the addiction. :spinning:

I like this thread too..

I decided:
1) To get getting a relaxer off of my brain. If I want to see myself with straight hair I'll pull out my flat iron.
2) As stated before stop pulling those darn knots. I seem to always pull the entire strand of hair out! BAD!!
3)Stop being a PJ. I'm too broke for that, end of story:look:
4)Feel more comfortable in my own skin and I think loving my natural hair more will follow. Mind, Body, and Soul...

1) never relax my hair again! My unrelaxed hair is so much healthier, thicker and prettier compared to my texlaxed ends! Who knew! I did not- been relaxing from age 13 and did not know my natural hair. I am now in love. I do not want that stuff in my hair ever again
2) eventually get rid of the few inches of relaxed ends I still have
3) sort out a way of washing my hair without getting so many knots
4) stop yanking out the knots
5) learn to detangle in a more gentle, patient manner
6) comb hair once a week - seemed impossible a few months back but I am now down to 2-3 times per week. I now detangle as needed with my hands.
7) stop jumping on so many bandwagons

Last edited:
1. Everything ain't for everybody.
2. I am going to focus on my body/health/financial/personal goals and let my hair do it's thing. Long hair does not a successful woman make.
3. I may not reach APL by May 09. I'm okay with that.
4. I may need to start having my touchups professionally done. The longer my hair gets, the harder it is for me to control where the relaxer goes.
5. Using rollers with clamps doesn't make me a roller setting loser.
6. It's gonna be okay. :)

I decided :

1. I will not try to stretch my relaxers. I wish I could but I cant. When I do my hair suffers tremendously. I need to relax my hair every 8 weeks unless I'm in braids. Thats just how it is . I'm ok with it.

2. I will only wash and DC every 7 days. Sometimes I may even go 10 days. Frankly I dont have the time or patience to do it more frequently and I dont think it's necessary for my hair. I will stop feeling like a failure because I am unable to wash my hair 3-4 time a week.

3. I will get my wig game back up and wear them as a protective style throughout the winter. I will treat my new wigs with respect and store them properly. They will not wind up on the closet floor as they have so often in the past.

4. I will not neglect my hair underneath the wig. I will keep it braided and well moisturized.

1. I've learned that simple is better for me.

2. That sticking to my regular(good old fashioned) products does wonders for my hair.

3. That there is nothing wrong with me cornrowing and wearing wigs, although my hair is long.

4. I have realized that being lazy with my hair has help it grow faster.

1. That I need protein and moisture at every wash
2. I will NEVER get layers again (They take too long to grow out)
3. My staple products are all I need, and bandwagons are not for me

I've decided to...........

1. To stop dwelling on what my hair could have been had I taken better care of it in the past and to focus on doing the right thing now.

2. To accept the fact that I'm going to have to completely stop blow drying and hot curling if I want to meet my hair goals.

3. That rollersetting and air drying are the only ways for me to infuse moisture into my hair and keep my delicate ends healthy.

4. To spend more time and less money on my hair.

5. To accept the fact that even if I do make it to WSL I still won't be completely satisfied, b/c my true heart's desire is Tail Bone.

I've Decided to...

* Stick to my K.I.S.S regimen

* Focus more on overall health

* Learn how to rollerset (trying to wait till I reach full APL)

* Be patient, a watched pot never boils - I always dream that I'll wake up BSL over night :look:

1. to C H I L L and K I S S.

2. to take care of all my hair needs myself. I'm a total DIYer now and I'm totally sold on Phyto II.

3. the only reason my hair was "fine and thin" was Affirm relaxer and the stylist who applied it every 6 to 8 weeks....way back when.

4. that OCT and MegaTek are the answers to the prayers of many!

Updates to my fotki are coming up in September! Yaaaayyyy!:grin:

What is CHILL? I agree with you on the KISS. And I am so #2, except for relaxing. I don't think I wanna go there again. :nono:

* To be patient because it will take another 1.5 years for me to get to WSL!
* To not jump on the first product recommendation bandwagon EVERY TIME
* To finger comb my hair on non-wash days
* To support my sisters in their quest for healthy long hair.

I love what you stated in the bolded. I wish everyone felt the same way.

Find your balance b efore you re-introduce heat.Getting my moisture balance up has been crucial.Deep condition before using heat and MOISTURIZE!Your hair should be hydrated before using heat.

Do something to stretch the hair fist.Make sure your hair is throughly dry before using heat.If its still even the slightest bit damp go back under the dryer!

Last,I would say proper tools and serum.Chi silk infusion is by far the best in my opinion.I don't feel watery spray on heat protection helps protect your hair from heat the way a good serum will nor does it help with the appearance of the hair(getting it straight on one swipe).After one swipe my hair is good to go because the serum helps my hair get straight on one pass therefore I'm not going over the same dull piece a million times trying to get it straight and shiny.Also,I find that even though redken heat glide is good,it wears off over a short amount of time.I mix a small pump of this into my chi silk infusion because it helps with the "hold" since its a bit heavier.If you are really concerned about heat damage,lightly mist your hair with a watery heat protector before going under the dryer AND use the chi silk infusion right before flat ironing.

I know I said a mouthful but in short I would say DC with heat,moisturize,stretch and smooth the hair before straightening, and use a great thermal protector....Pay attention to the way your hair feels and fix up your regimen as needed..
HTH:yep:

First, thank you so much for your advice ElleDoll. I now see what I did wrong to my hair. I had moisture at the time, but I used Fantasia IC Serum, and I would hear the flat iron "sizzle", and I wasn't sure if it was a problem or not. I knew at the time not to put heat on wet hair, but I assumed that since it was a heat protectant, that it would be protecting my hair...but it wasn't enough. Now I don't even like the product anymore. I never thought about going under the dryer to dry my serum-damped hair.

If I decide to use heat again, I'll know who to go to. Thanks again.

BTW, I was using a Sedu flat iron.

I think a lot of us are deciding the same things.

1. To only try one thing at a time. If I change multiple things at once, I can't tell what's doing what.
2. To not buy any new "moisturizers" or "leave-ins". I know by now that there are no miracles, so I'll just choose what's best out of the ones I've tried. However, I do want to try new labels that I hadn't considered. :grin: Like "pomade", do you know I had never used anything called a "pomade" until a week ago.
3. To make an effort to wear more protective styles. For me, this is going to have to be twists.

#1 is SOOO true!! I always try to keep that in mind. ITA with you on #3. :yep:

1. continue to use the shampoos and conditioners that i already have in my cabinets *im gonna need some conditioner soon*
2. to be more consistent with my protective styles *twists*
3. not straighten more than once every couple of months
4. to be consistent with my vitamins
5. fall in love with giovanni direct leave-in *hopefully*
6. not trim for the rest of the year
7. find a regimen and stick to it

#7 is soo important; don't sleep on that. :nono: I wish you the best in finding a regi.

that..

1. I will have to really be disciplined in bunning my hair regularly/95% of the time.
2. I will need to save up money for a Pibbs/blow dryer for rollersets.
3. My wet buns won't be able to work for the winter months.
4. To stay disciplined in using Bee Mine every other day throughout the fall/winter months.
5. Heat really isnt my enemy.

Back