I've decided to transition

determined_to_grow said:
Ebony- I'm so proud of you!!!! I am sure you will completely transition in no time! You may have a friend coming along for the ride- I'm 7 weeks post and loving it!

Thanks!!:D I hope my hair has a growth spurt, it would be helpful, lol. Aww, that would be great if we transitioned together!!! If you decide to transition, PLEASE tell me!:grin:

Thanks again, everyone!

Welcome to the club..congrats :)

About the mom thing. I was hesistant to tell my mother as well and I just sucked it up and told her and she was supportive. I thought she would have said why or bother me about it but she just said "if it's not doing well with the relaxers then maybe it's just as well". And that was that. Either way it's your hair..your head :)

Last edited:
Faith said:
Welcome to the club..congrats :)

About the mom thing. I was hesistant to tell my mother as well and I just sucked it up and told her and she was supportive. I thought she would have said why or bother me about it but she just said "if it's not doing well with the relaxers then maybe it's just as well". And that was that. Either way it's your hair..your head :)

Wow, I hope my mom says the same thing! I'm going to wait for her to tell me I need a touch-up (which she does every month:mad:), and I'll tell her then. You're right, it's my hair, and I stupidly just figured this idea out.:lol: I dunno, I've always done things to please my mom, and I'm happy I'm doing something for me now!:D Thanks!

Thanks Poohbear and locoabouthair!! Poohbear, you're one of my inspirations! Loco, please tell us if you decide to transition. Thanks, again!!

Congratulations on your decision! I am 100% natural and my hair has not been this healthy since high school...

Hi Faith: How is it coming with the transitioning? are you using a totally different hair regime now that you are transitioning? How are you managing the moisturizing issues, if any? bonjour

Mahalialee4 said:
Hi Faith: How is it coming with the transitioning? are you using a totally different hair regime now that you are transitioning? How are you managing the moisturizing issues, if any? bonjour
Sorry girl. I just saw this post. My transitioning is coming along just fine. Did a major chop last month. My regimen is still about the same...I'm washing/rinsing more now because of workouts though. I'm also aiming to create my own daily moisturizers instead of wasting cash. My hair has been really moist...more so now than when I was fully relaxed. I have no complaints at the moment..lol

congrats with the decision to transition..im also working on transitioning for stronger healthier hair..actually i just came out and told my mom..and she's been supportive..she actually wanted me to go back and get braids becuase ive been wearing wigs(and she's not too fond of them, but i love them) and then i showed her So1913's pics of her hair..and she was like okay...because when my mom thinks when i say natural she thought i meant going to dreads..and i showed her what i meant and how beautiful a persons hair can still be when its natural...good luck..

Back