I’ve been wearing a synthetic wig for a year now...

I had a human hair wig that only cost me like $35.00 and it lasted me a long time. I think you could find reasonably priced HH wigs. Also, if you are spending that much/week, as others said, consider investing in a good lacefront wig. It will cost you a few hundred, but it will last you a lifetime!

Cocoberry, it depends on the length. The longer the hair on the human hair wigs, the more money it costs.

Cocoberry, it depends on the length. The longer the hair on the human hair wigs, the more money it costs.

Thanks! The one I had was at least armpit length. I'm sure quality counts too. I had a nice wig, but I'm sure there are even higher quality wigs out there. I could comb/brush and wash gently and it still looked good. I could even curl it. But, I'm sure a BSL or APL lacefront is very expensive!

Thanks! The one I had was at least armpit length. I'm sure quality counts too. I had a nice wig, but I'm sure there are even higher quality wigs out there. I could comb/brush and wash gently and it still looked good. I could even curl it. But, I'm sure a BSL or APL lacefront is very expensive!

Oh lord let's not even talk about lacefronts. :lol: I was just talking about half wigs.

I can get at least a good month out of mine if I take care of it (The one in my siggy was over two weeks old ;)) One thing that helps is trimming and inch or two off a week. That keeps the ends from getting ratty. Your wig will wind up around APL when it's all said and done, but at least you can get more mileage out of it. Also...do you wash them? I wash mine every couple of weeks by swirling it around in a sink full of water with a capful of cheap shampoo...rinse and then brush it out with a Denman or a wig brush and then hang it up to let it dry...this may bring a little life back to it and keep them from smelling musty. (This works best on straight styles and wigs that you don't care about the curliness anymore.)
Wig spray is good...oil sheen spray helps too. A cheapie silicon serum on the ends may help with tangling as well.

HTH!

im not understanding why you are having to spend $27/week. All my wigs are synthetic and I dont have to spend $27/week on a new wig....

My wigs last for at least 4 months or more depending on how much im wearing them. I have different wigs that I switch between but right now i am loving to wear this one. I always wear Freetress wigs and dont have a problem. Are you taking the wig off after you get home or are you sleeping in it too?

yhst-2519492840586_1970_84349947
--this is the one that im rocking now...not the one in my avatar pic...thats something else.

yhst-2519492840586_1970_80630618

yhst-2519492840586_1970_64309352

I have all of these exact same wigs!!! lol (I removed the short one cuz I don't have that one.)

I have some synthetic wigs that I have had for 2-3 years and people SWEAR they are my real hair....until they see the scalp part, lol. But from teh front and back they look realistic. NOW. Baby powder and a hard brush work, like the other poster said.

If they are only lasting a week... girl what the HECK are you doing? lol

Hey there,

My wigs last at least 2 months.

To maintain the look...

Don't sleep in them (even when I take a nap I take it off or put on a satin cap).

STAY AWAY from the stove!!! Trust me, I've had a bad expereince getting to close to the heat. If your wigs are synthetic make sure you remember this.

I wash my wigs at least every 2 weeks, if it starts to look to oily I'll wash it sooner.

Get a wig stand. It really helps

If you go to www.hairsisters.com you'll find a great variety of wigs, some are 19.99 and under.

Savvy!

I just have a full lace huma hair wig. I wash it once a week and I allow it to dry under a hooded dryer if I want it straight or some other wet set with curls. Every once in a while I use a heating implement but at a low heat using heat protectants so that the hair does not shed as fast.

To maintain my hair I wash it once a week but every other week I take out the braids and thoroughly clean it and every once in a while like this past saturday I will straighten it and then trim my hair. I use nioxin follicle booster on my edges and then use a light hair oil on my scalp and hair.

At night I turn my wig inside out and put it on a wig stand so that it keeps its shape.

When my synthetics start to mat a little, I wash them then rinse in liquid fabric softener. The powder tip is GREAT for the shine.

I switched to human because I was really going thru synthetics because of working out (heat - BAD!!!!)

Back