I've been bad...I relaxed!

RabiaElaine

So I couldn't take it any longer. I got a relaxer on Sunday. I know bad, bad me:spank: . It's been almost 7 weeks since my last relaxer, I wanted to stretch it, but I couldn't this time. I believe I was underprocessed the last time I got a relaxer, and that time I was relaxed after waiting about 8 weeks. Therefore I had approximately 7 weeks of new growth and 8 weeks of underprocessed hair. So I did it I got a relaxer at the dominican salon I've been going to. I used Affirm, ofcourse. My roots are silky smooth, I only had 1 burn which is good, considering that I was scratching my hair like crazy last week. My head is always very itchy when I need a relaxer for some reason:perplexed .

I like it. I believe I see at least 1 inch of growth since my last relaxer, and my hair was trimmed between .25-.5 inches, 2 weeks ago. My hair sides and back of my hair are now reaching about 2 inches below the bottom of my earlobes, so my hair is definitely mid-lower neck. So I have about another inch to go before my hair starts resting on the top of my shoulders.

The sad thing is that I'm so deliriously happy :D with the little bit of progress that I've made since I came back to LHCF, and it's only been about 1 month. I haven't even seen the full effects of my vitamins yet, those probably won't really kick in for another month and a half or so. You ladies are amazing

I don't have any pictures yet but will take some tomorrow hopefully. So now I think I can update my goals in my siggy, YEAHIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Goals------------------------------------------------------------------------------- New Goals
Current- chin length----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current- 1" from top of shoulders
April 2005- 1 inch from touching shoulder------------------------ April 2005- Top of shoulders
July 2005- Shoulder Length-------------------------------- July 2005- 1-2 inches down shoulder
September 2005- 1-2 inches past shoulder-------------- September 2005- mid-shoulder blade

Last edited:
Congratulations on your progress. Don't beat yourself over relaxing before you had intended to. Sounds like it worked out fine.

Mariaat40 said:
Congratulations on your progress. Don't beat yourself over relaxing before you had intended to. Sounds like it worked out fine.

Thanks Mariaat40, I think it did too. I can't wait to post pics tomorrow!!!:grin:

Back