It's Official, Surge Is DISCONTINUED!

Andrea'

Ladies,

I don't post here much but I know there has been some talk about Surge and some were wondering if it "really" was discontinued or not. Well, it's official. Take a look here: http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/sure14.html

It breaks my heart because I really loved this product. Just wanted to let you ladies know this. I was not sure but to me, the above link says it all:(

*Wow...it feels like the end of an era.....before MTG, before MN, before BT....it was all about da Surge*

R.I.P. SURGE :Rose: :Rose: :Rose:

*jots down to pick up some random bottles and products to put in hair closet:look:

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Wow, I wonder why? Was there something wrong with it?

It's probably being replaced by something else, wonder if there's an update from the manufacturer.

Lusa said:
It's probably being replaced by something else, wonder if there's an update from the manufacturer.

That would be nice. I guess something less abrasive as I am now remembering that some people did have problems with it.

In the words of Florida Evans from Good Times "Daaaaaamn, daaaaaaaamn, daaaaaaamn"!

Last edited:
I remember jumping on the pj wagon and buying some when i first joined the board. I went through one bottle and started on another but just stopped using it for some reason.

Yesterday after reading through the posts and somebody said how it was great detangler, I decided to use it after shampooing my hair yesterday. (I am about 4 months post). OMG! The comb glided through my hair as if I had conditioned it with butter! I was mad at myself for just letting it sit under my cabinet all this time and not using it for that purpose:mad:

...........Now I am going to have to try and find some as I will be stretching for the rest of the summer and it will sure come in handy!

Yeah, doesnt make me much difference. I have a 3/4 full bottle thats been sitting on my shelf for about a year now. Never tried it for detangling tho..... i may try it next wash. Thanx for the suggestion, BlackBarbie. :)

From the site it looks like only the revitalizer is being discontinued. I use the ultra max, I dont know what I would do if they discontinued that!

KiniKakes said:
Yeah, doesnt make me much difference. I have a 3/4 full bottle thats been sitting on my shelf for about a year now. Never tried it for detangling tho..... i may try it next wash. Thanx for the suggestion, BlackBarbie. :)

Me too. I haven't used it in so long, I forgot HOW to use it. You have to wash it out daily, right?

You know why right? I am sure that they will have a class action lawsuit soon. surge has cause so many chemical burns, some very serious to many, many people. I know that happened to me, and it turned my scalp black. I followed all the directions, and bought all the stuff they told me too, but I was allergic to whatever is in there. I e-mailed the company to tell them, and they only sent me more product. when I told them that I didn't want more stuff, just my money back, they didn't want to respond after that. they sent the free product anyway and never refunded my cash. I had to sell that stuff on e-bay. Oh well. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

ajargon02 said:
You know why right? I am sure that they will have a class action lawsuit soon. surge has cause so many chemical burns, some very serious to many, many people. I know that happened to me, and it turned my scalp black. I followed all the directions, and bought all the stuff they told me too, but I was allergic to whatever is in there. I e-mailed the company to tell them, and they only sent me more product. when I told them that I didn't want more stuff, just my money back, they didn't want to respond after that. they sent the free product anyway and never refunded my cash. I had to sell that stuff on e-bay. Oh well. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

WHOA that is horrible.

what is in surge anyway? i know a lot of posters on here like it but i personally never tried it

ajargon02 said:

Wow, this is interesting. What's the name of the company that makes this product and where are they located? I have never used the product or seen it in person.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Wow, I wonder why? Was there something wrong with it?

I was thinking the same thing! Don't know if I should throw away the bottle I have or go take whatever is left at the BSS:confused: :confused: :confused: I guess I have some research homework to do before I decide.

*KINIKAKES -Nice pic in the siggy!*

Last edited:
I heard it was burning people's necks and stuff...Probably a chemical in it that's too harsh. Oh well, I never used it...so doesn't make much of a difference to me.:look:

ajargon02 said:

My goodness. Sorry to hear that:(

aw man.....that's too bad....I never had any problems with it. I used it on my hair when I had braids. I have not used it lately but when I was using it, it was doing great things for my hair. And yes, it was a great detangler.

MonaLisa said:

*Wow...it feels like the end of an era.....before MTG, before MN, before BT....it was all about da Surge*

R.I.P. SURGE :Rose: :Rose: :Rose:

*jots down to pick up some random bottles and products to put in hair closet:look:

Mona you are sooo right ! When I first joined LHCF SURGE was KING !!! Gosh it is hard to believe that it is over.

Oh my goodness, im going out now and will go and buy up all the bottles in the Beuaty supply stores in my area!! I guess im the only one that loves it!

Wow! I never had any problems with it. In fact, I bought a new bottle just last month and have started using it again. Guess I need to head back to the BSS and pick up a few more bottles. That's really too bad.

OP: Thanks for posting!

I have never had any problem with it either. It is a wonderful spray and has done wonders on my edges and my crown area which had broken off. Now that my hair is in braids I have been using it 2 a day following with a spray moisturizer.

I didn't have problems until they changed from the origanal formula. But like the other ladies it made my scalp peel.

Back