It's never too late -to get a mate.

Zeal

I was just talking to my Mom and she was watching the news and talkng about how someone found their long lost mother after many years. Then she said so it's never too late.

I could not put two and two together. What it had to do with me. I asked her several times. I am not understanding what you are saying. You are talking a bout a woman whose baby was kidnapped and she meets her daughter years later.

What does that have to do with me? I really don't understand. Are you saying it's not to late to have a baby?

Then she says, It's not to late to get married. I responded, I never thought that.

That's what you were thinking??? :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell: She says yes. :nono::nono::nono:

Wooooooow.

Last edited:
Mama's correlation was a little off...LOL

She just wants what she thinks is best for her baby.

Mothers "mother"...

My mom was pressuring me the other day to wear two pairs of socks...because she thinks my socks are too thin.

LOL - they can't help it!

Please explain to me. I think the snow on the east coast has coated my brain.

ETA: Ok 24 hours later, I think I got it.

Last edited:
I dont think ure ever too old to find love, as long as ure looking in the right places, for example, grandmas shouldnt expect to get picked up at a night club with a mostly 20's set

How old are you, if I may ask? She is hinting rather loudly.

I prefer not to answer. However, my thng is... I was just shocked. If I want to "just be married" I would be. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I have been proposed to 3 times.

I just did not want "them"

I have standards and she know this. So what's the deal? So then she explained about guys on the DL and all this other stuff.

I seriously feel like when it is God's will. It will happen. I "just" started wanting to be in a relatinship again.

I understand. When the time is right, it'll happen. I am in my late 20s and my mom keeps asking me if I have kids yet. (We're in different countries). I'm like: So we skipped the marriage part and are going straight for the kids? SMH.
All the best!!

I prefer not to answer. However, my thng is... I was just shocked. If I want to "just be married" I would be. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I have been proposed to 3 times.

I just did not want "them"

I have standards and she know this. So what's the deal? So then she explained about guys on the DL and all this other stuff.

I seriously feel like when it is God's will. It will happen. I "just" started wanting to be in a relatinship again.

I think my parents have given up on me finding love. At least from an American.

Mom keeps telling me to go to Africa.

Dad keeps hinting that I can always adopt.

I want to tell them to shaddup. I'm only 33.

My mom has made comments to me on the sly before.
Like, you're 21 and never had a boyfriend or, maybe by the time you're 24 you'll have a boyfriend.
Most of the time I just brush it off but if I'm having a bad day, I think back to it and I just get depressed.

Lol! This makes me think of my mother. She said she's going to find someone for me to date (even though I told her I didn't want her to, I don't want to date anyone right now). Mothers lol!

Lol! This makes me think of my mother. She said she's going to find someone for me to date (even though I told her I didn't want her to, I don't want to date anyone right now). Mothers lol!

Mom was talking about it again yesterday. We were out for beakfast and these 2 busted looking guys came in.

One was sitting there with a hat on (Which I can't stand inside). Mom says. They could be your mates (to my sister and I). I respond, Mom, mariage is not my number 1 priority and besides my man would not be sitting inside with a winter hat on. :lachen::lachen:

Then my sister responds, My man is not gong to be perfect. Me in my head........ Um OK!

I'm so glad my parents aren't pressuring me. They choose to stay completely mum abt the subject of dating, boyfriends, marriage, and grandkids. If they ever did open up their mouths to say anything I'm liable to fall into a deep depression. I'm already hard enough on myself don't need anybody else to add to it. It's darn near impossible to even meet someone decent these days especially in GA. They'll build a space station on Mars before...nevermind see I am hard on myself.

Well, it's true. That news story was amazing...though maybe a stretch in its application. But anyway, your mom is right. I honestly know several women who were married or are getting married in their late 30s, 40s, and one planning a first wedding who is 50. I do think, though, that we should make wise choices in that regard early on if that's our desire; nevertheless, things happen when they happen.

Well, it's true. That news story was amazing...though maybe a stretch in its application. But anyway, your mom is right. I honestly know several women who were married or are getting married in their late 30s, 40s, and one planning a first wedding who is 50. I do think, though, that we should make wise choices in that regard early on if that's our desire; nevertheless, things happen when they happen.

HONESTLY, I can't imagine waiting until 50 to be married. Especially since I'm saving myself. If I had to wait that long I will have to forget about ever having children of my own.

I understand. When the time is right, it'll happen. I am in my late 20s and my mom keeps asking me if I have kids yet. (We're in different countries). I'm like: So we skipped the marriage part and are going straight for the kids? SMH.
All the best!!

I think a lot of our parents are becoming more accepting of this and realizing that more people are not getting married but having children without aspiring to be married.

I remember when I was dating, any time I was dating someone my mother did not approve of she was sweating me hard and telling me I needed to make sure I was on some kind of birth control.

When I met my husband and we first started dating, all those comments stopped.

Then it became, "when are ya'll going to have some kids?" and "you need to have a baby so I can have some more grandkids...preferably a girl" and we were still DATING.

When he asked my parents for my hand in marriage, and they gave him their blessing, she made another comment like "oh, now ya'll can have some kids since ya'll still have yet to do that."

and he said "with all due respect, Mrs. S., I would like for your daughter to be my wife before we start having children and not my baby's mother."

She couldn't say anything else after that!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
Back