It's been far too long, LHCF...

fifi134

Hey, LHCF! I've been in lurkmode for almost three years now :look:, but finally decided it was time to stop hiding lol.

Anywho, I know you guys want some background info including pics:

I am 17, gonna be 18 in 9 days!! :grin: I am a 4a natural. I BC'd July 2008 after seeing so many beautiful heads of natural hair here. I never had any issues with relaxed hair; hair was not too short or long, a little past SL..just didn't know how to take care of it properly.

Love my natural hair and am continuing to learn each day about how to care for it.

Transitioning: Flat Ironed Hair (blocked bc I did not like my face here :nono:)

After my BC: Did not have any pics of BC or right after it. :wallbash: Kept my hair in twist extensions because my hair was too short (or so I thought) and I did not know how to style it then.

Dominican Blowout in May 2009: Stylist actually used a lot of heat protectant, which was good for me because I was actually deathly afraid to go there! :yep:

This was a recent lazy braidout I did. Excuse my fake smile lol.

Another braidout I recently did:

New Years Eve 2009: I prepoo'd overnight with conditioner and olive oil, washed, conditioned and blowdried using the tension method, and flatironed with my Sedu. My FAVORITE style I have done so far!

Excited to finally be a member of LHCF!! Thanks!!

Last edited:
your braidout looks so good. I'm still trying figure how to do a nice braidout also I did my bc in june '08.

Last edited:
your braidout looks so good. I'm still trying figure how to do a nice braidout also I did my bc in june '08.

Thanks, ms.blue. I used to have trouble with my braidouts too, but I learned through trial and error.

I like to do my braids medium sized, and when they're dripping wet. I use coconut oil on each section and comb out the hair so it's properly detangled before braiding. Then I braid tightly, but not so tight I can't move my head lol.

By the morning, my hair is dry. I use coconut oil or olive oil on my fingers to separate each braid; go slowly so as not to disturb the curl. Then I lift at the roots to make it bigger and pin it up!

HTH!

Welcome aboard!!!:yep:

You're doing a great job with your hair, and I'm glad that you're concerned about healthy hair care at such a young age.

Happy Birthday in advance!!!

Thanks, ms.blue. I used to have trouble with my braidouts too, but I learned through trial and error.

I like to do my braids medium sized, and when they're dripping wet. I use coconut oil on each section and comb out the hair so it's properly detangled before braiding. Then I braid tightly, but not so tight I can't move my head lol.

By the morning, my hair is dry. I use coconut oil or olive oil on my fingers to separate each braid; go slowly so as not to disturb the curl. Then I lift at the roots to make it bigger and pin it up!

HTH!

thanks so much for the info. My braidouts look so awful that I just put a hat over head & call it a day.

Back